Sean turned to Owen," You need to mark her. Now."
Owen's eyes widened," Whatever for?"
Sean looked to Nathan as he said," If we're to prevent her death we're going to need all the help we can get. I need you both to mark her immediately. Kota and I might be joining you if she's bad off enough. They'll have to put us all in a stasis once this is over if we do, but it'll save her life."

Nathan crossed his arms," Wouldn't that be dangerous for her?"
Sean shook his head," Not in this case. It's going to take a lot to keep her from disintegrating. We can bear it while in a stasis until her magic levels out."

Victor walks up with the phone to his ear," Thank you for understanding." He hangs up and looks at Owen," I've gotten us temporarily pardoned from the Ashley Waters mission. Mimics will be sent in to stand in our place until we can return."

Owen nods at him," Perfect, go with Kota and start packing our bags. Gabriel will join you once he's packed Lullaby's things. We'll all meet at the Sky Palace." Victor nods and runs off with a intensely focused Kota to the garage.

Sean holds out Lullaby to Owen," Now, Owen."
Owen holds the tiny girl in his arms and nods," I'll take her to your room."
Sean nods back," We'll give you privacy."

Owen slowly walks towards Sean's bedroom, silver eyes never straying from the beautiful girl in his arms. He hadn't wanted to mark her this way. He'd wanted her to experience pleasure that she'd remember. He'd wanted her to be aware when he made his silent oath to her.
He wanted to coax her into drinking his blood so she'd feel the pleasure of exchanging lifeblood with her guardians.

That didn't turn out to be the case. Nevertheless, she needed him.

A chill went up his spine as her skin turned deathly cold, and it wasn't her temperature that chilled him. It was the fact that her body didn't feel alive anymore. Panic raced through his veins at that thought. His steps became quicker.

She could not die! He wouldn't permit it. She'd live if it was the last thing he did.

He gently laid her on the bed and leaned over her while pulling her head to the side to reveal her lovely neck. His tongue lazily trailed her carotid where he'd place his marking. He wanted his mark to be within reach at all times. His eyes fluttered shut and a shiver went through him as his fangs elongated from his canines.

His fangs lightly scraped her neck, a cringe goes through him when instead of her skin giving in to the pressure he applied, it caused a scraping sound. His fingers caress her body to assess just how bad the soul neglect has gotten.

Her body no longer gave off any heat. She was as cold and firm as a porcelain doll.

No. Not her. Anyone but her.
She can't die. He couldn't lose her too.

Quick as a snake striking, he plunged his fangs into her throat. She mewled and arched into his chest. Her tiny breasts brushing against his suit. He saw exactly what his brothers had mentioned.

The taste of her was more imagery than sensory: withering roses in the moonlight whose petals morosely fluttered away, a nebula wreaking havoc as it formed stars and planets out of mere dust and matter, gravity pulling all that neared her into her unbreakable orbit.

She was beautiful chaos lulling all under her spell, a sad soul who morosely longed for affection, starlight that pulled all into her glorious embrace.