❄❄❄ SCENE 2 ❄❄❄

Act 1:Scene 2

Amarachi enters the hospital and knocks on a wooden door with "Consulting Room" boldly written on it.

A female's voice: (from within) Yes, the next person should come in!

Amarachi silently prays she becomes pregnant and walks in.

The doctor, Mrs. Uzoma is a beautiful, plumpy, dark, young lady of about forty years of age.

Amaka: Good morning, doctor.

Doc. Uzoma: Good morning ma, please have a seat," She said as she went through amarachi's file as she finally raises her face.

Doc. Uzoma: Yes, what's wrong with you?

Amarachi: (looks relieved) I'm having serious headache, there's this sharp pain from below my tommy and I've also been feeling feverish for days now. I'm always feeling tired and I easily lose appetite.

Doc. Uzoma: When last did you menstruate?

Amarachi: About two months ago.

Doc. Uzoma : You have to go for pregnancy test, Mrs. Emeka. (She writes down something on the blank sheet) See me after the pregnancy test.

Amarachi : Thanks a lot doc., (she collected the file and leaves the doctor's office).

🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌

Act 2: Scene 2

Few minutes later,  Amarachi had done the test and brings another file as she knocks on the Consulting Room's door.

Doc. Uzoma: (Doctor's voice from within) come in!

Amarachi: (Still praying in her mind that the result is positive as she enters) good afternoon, doctor.
(she sits and hands over the file to her).

Doc.  Uzoma : (Goes through it and smiles) Congratulations, Mrs.  Emeka.  You're two months pregnant.

Amarachi was so excited and started singing and praising God.

Amarachi: What?! You mean am carrying my own baby?!

Doc. Uzoma : (laughs) Yes,  of course.

Amarachi: Oh My God! Thank you for saving me,  thank you my Lord! (she sang happily) Am finally pregnant!

Doc. Uzoma: You need to be careful with the kind of work you do at home.  Don't forget you need to register yourself and attend antenatal programs, Okay?

Amarachi: Okay doctor.

Doc.  Uzoma: (Prescribed some drugs) Ma, you need to use these drugs, they'll help the baby. Engage yourself in exercises and eat lots of fruits and vegetables, okay?

Amarachi: Okay, thanks a lot! (she joyfully laughs and sings home).

Act 3: Scene 2

A month later, after which Amarachi had told Emeka the good news, she becomes proud and lazy. One day,  As the two wives were resting in the sitting room, the following conversation took place between them.

Amaka: (falls asleep and snores)

Amarachi: (Enters the living room and hissed at Amaka. She opened a bottle of chilled Coca-Cola and switched on the loud speakers, increased it to it's loudest volume and started dancing.)

Amaka: (Feels uncomfortable, she wakes and yawns.  She was surprised to see what's happening.) What? Amarachi, can you please, reduce the volume of the speakers...

Amarachi pays no attention and continues dancing, still sipping from the bottle. Amaka angrily switched off the speakers and asked what she was doing.

Amarachi : (Gets angry) Who's that old witch?! Ehn? Who's that animal pouring sand in my Garrri?!!

Amaka: (becomes surprised how Amarach had the guts to speak to her in this manner but she decided bury it within her)  "Hey! Why don't you do these in your room and leave me to sleep peacefully here?"

Amarachi: (Rolls her eyes at Amaka and moves closer to her)  You. Are. The. One. To. Leave. Not. Me! You can go to your room, as well as you can leave this house... You're free!! You have no right to stop the music. Perhaps, I was exercising my body as the doctor advised."

Amaka: "There are many ways of exercising yourself. Why must you disturb my sleep?"

Amarachi: (Rolls her eyes and hissed) This is a living room, not a bedroom, madam controller!  Mteeeeew! (she leaves for her room)

Amaka: (Stared at her and couldn't believe her eyes and ears)  Or am I dreaming? I know Amarachi to be a good and responsible girl. Why all of these? (she stands up and leaves for her room) 

           Curtains

Act 3: Scene 2

Amaka's ring fell at the side of her wardrobe... Unknowingly, she sweeps it out without seeing it. Amarachi who was receiving a call outside that afternoon, saw and picked the ring.  She smiles wickedly and hides it.

Amaka: (Sweats profusely as she searches the whole wardrobe but still, couldn't find the ring. She finds only the ring's box, without the ring inside. Amaka scatters her room and rearrange it but she didn't find anything. She decided to ask Amarachi maybe she mistakenly saw it.)

Amaka: (Feels troubled) Please, my wife. Did you help me see any of my ring today? Maybe at any corner of my room.

Amarachi: (Smiles and claps her hand, pretending to be annoyed) Imagine rubbish! I'm resting in my room,  how would I know what's happening in your room talkless of seeing it?! Am I a dustbin carrier or a jobless brat that would know where it is? Or have you misplaced the diamond ring? You don't deserve to live here before, It could be destiny, you know?? (She hissed)...

'Maybe na your village people dey follow you oo.' She muttered as she leaves the room in laughter.

Amaka: (Feels sad and broken)  God please help me find it... Help me through.

            Curtains.

😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻

VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE.

😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻

Hope you loved and enjoyed! Please,don't forget to vote and comment on this chapter. It's a books of only seven chapters, remember....