My heart races with anger as I walk past Jace, hitting him with my shoulder on the way and get as far from those guys as I can. There are tears in my eyes and I try hard not to let them fall. I'm a pretty strong person, but even things like two big, tall guys tripping me up in front of everyone is enough to break me.

I decide not to go to my next class. I think I deserve a break after that, and I don't want to risk someone seeing me upset. Exiting the building, I start walking towards and parking lot exit with no idea where i'm going.

I hate boys. I hate boys. I hate boys. I hate boys. I hate boys. I hate boys. I hate boys.

Who do they think they are? What kind of person tries to make someone else feel shit just so they can look cool and like a real hard man or whatever. Assholes.

As if things couldn't get any worse, the sketchy dark blue car starts driving down the street I'm walking along. I tell myself that i'm just paranoid, but that's obviously not the case as the car stops and the door opens.

"Get in," he says. The man. The man who tried to kill me then ended up being killed himself, the man I saw outside my house and thought I was seeing things. He's here, and fuck, i've never been so disappointed to see someone alive.

"You've been following me." I state the obvious while walking backwards.

"Get in the fucking car," he walks after me and when he reaches out to grab me, I start running, not looking back to see if he's following.

I can't even tell if i'm running fast or not but I don't stop until I turn a corner and find a familiar car driving through the street.

Getting into the passenger side, I yell at him to drive.

"What's going on?" Jace asks and moves the car forward.

"The guy," I breath heavy, "He's here."

"What, the guy-"

I nod. There's no sign of the navy car and Jace drives in the other direction from where he was.

"Where are you going?"

"Police station."

"But- No, I can't."

"You can and you need to. That freak needs locked up."

I watch his stone cold face stare ahead and begin to feel like some of his rage is aimed at me. "Are you sure you want to take me? Go back to school and-"

"Are you seriously saying that right now?"

"Well, Jace, we haven't been talking and you've looked pretty happy without me. It's clear you don't give a shit anymore, what, with you completely ignoring what happened at school with those jerks." I dont really care about him not standing up for me but it's not something he ever used to do.

He presses his lips together. "I would have beat them up but we're not friends."

Ohhh my god. "Are you really being this petty? We're not friends so why are you bothering right now? We're not friends so why did u even get in your car and follow me?"

"It's too painful to be here with me, is that why you don't want me to take you?"

"No, it's too annoying."

He doesn't speak.

"You'll take me to the cops, then home, then we won't talk again. Deal?"

"Fine," he says hesitantly.

I look down at my shaking hands and blink over and over again to get rid of the tears in my eyes. Im scared. What will I say to the cops? I can barely remember what he looks like. Will I tell them what Jax did on the pier?