Ch. 19- That's What You Get

Start from the beginning

She continued to look through Mitchell’s Tweets, thinking about him and wondering what his New Year’s had been like. Just as she was reading about something he’d done the day before, she felt someone come up behind her and wrap their arms around her waist. Jolting from surprise, Allie looked to her right to see Justin. He grinned at her and kissed her on the cheek.

“Hey, beautiful.” He stated. 

“Hey.” Allie said in reply, smiling at him. She quickly snapped her phone shut, but not before Justin had seen what she had been doing. 

Justin raised his eyebrows at her.

“I like to creep on my friends.” She explained.

He laughed. “You’re adorable.” He rested his chin on her shoulder, his arms still around her waist. 

There was silence for a moment.

“I don’t want to leave.” Allie stated quietly.

“Me neither.” Justin murmured. 

Allie turned her head to the right to look at Justin. He looked back at her. She leaned up and softly kissed him. 

“Can we stay here forever?” She asked once they had broken apart.

Justin chuckled. “I wish.” He let go of her waist and grabbed her hand, intertwining his fingers with hers. He began walking with her down the beach.

“I’m kind of surprised there haven’t been any paparazzi this whole trip.” Allie commented. “I’d have thought that the instant they heard you were coming here, they’d be swarming the place.”

Justin laughed. “Atlantis has a strict no-paparazzi rule. They regulate the resort carefully to make sure that no paparazzi get in, and they enforce the rule really strictly. It’s because they have so many celebrities come and stay here.”

“Oh,” Allie stated. “Well, that’s nice.”

Justin nodded. “Yeah, it is.” He smiled at her.

There was a pause.

“So you know what I realized?” Justin asked.

Allie looked at him. “What?”

“The tour goes international halfway through April. And...Jasmine stops touring with us then.” 

Allie didn’t say anything.

“So...you’ll stop touring with us, too.” Justin stated.

“Yeah...” Allie trailed off. 

“I wish Jasmine was coming with us when we go overseas, because then you’d get to come too.” Justin said quietly.