CHAPTER - 9 LUGIA'S LEGACY

The instances of alien sightings were becoming very common, and the public was becoming desperate, violent, scared, making different outcomes like what was going to happen to them, and like the world was going to come to an end and issues like that. The government officials had to quite down the matter and engulf security and safety within the local public's minds. So they decided to hold a President speech in the public.

And so, at the city hall, the President came and started addressing the citizens of the city. As he continued his speech, small steel balls of the shape of marbles, started rolling everywhere in the city hall, and suddenly they started exploding. The public were in trauma and became berserk and started rushing towards the doors. But the doors had been completely sealed off. Then Lugia's robots started jumping in, breaking through the windows. Some of them grabbed the President. Everything happening at the city hall was being reported live by the camera men, so it was like the world was watching the whole thing.

Crawford send Israr and Joshua. Back at the city hall, chaos had ensued around completely. Suddenly, cracks appeared on the floor, and started expanding. The people started rushing to the corners, and then the ground tore open and Lugia appeared out from it, and stood with absolute pride. All the people were dreadfully shocked, some people tried to escape but there was no way to run, some people tried hiding behind the others, while some had already started praying desperately. Lugia looked pitifully at the humans, and announced,

"Greetings humans!! Welcome to the end of your world!!!"

It was live on camera, all over the world.

"Not happening today!!!" shouted Israr, and he and Joshua jumped in, from the window, in front of Lugia.

Lugia's robots were fighting the guards and military personnel, and here Joshua and Israr started fighting Lugia. He kicked and punched them, and they fell down.

"Pardon me," he said, "I have other matters to attend to."

He pulled out his gun and shot the roof. The roof blasted, and started collapsing. Then he started to leave, but Israr and Joshua got up to chase him. Lugia laughed at them and asked,

"Is it me . . . or those innocent people??"

Israr and Joshua looked behind, the roof was failing and debris had started to fall on the people. They stared at Lugia angrily and turned towards the people to save them. Joshua dragged out pieces of land, which held the roof, like pillars, and Israr threw fireballs which blasted open the doors, and everyone rushed outside, pushing each other, but Joshua and Israr regulated it well, and everyone were out. By the time they got everyone out, Lugia and his robots had already disappeared. The President was present there also, well surrounded by his guards.

"Everyone's safe, even the president, why was Lugia here then??" asked Joshua concerned, but Israr shook his head sideways saying he had no idea about it.

After that they helped the people who were injured, towards the ambulance. They made a thorough check around, but there was nothing. Lugia's sudden intrusion in the city hall made no sense at all.

Israr and Joshua waited for the organisation's helicopter to come and pick them. But even after a long waiting, it didn't arrive.

"Maaan!!!, where's a cab when we need one!!" joked Joshua.

"Guess we'll have a walk" declared Israr, and Joshua nodded, and they started walking back to the base.

They reached the main gate. But surprisingly, there were no guards at the entrance. Taking notice of that, they entered inside. The sliding automatic doors were open already, and did not close. This astounded Israr and Joshua more. But when they reached inside; to their utter surprise everything was destroyed there, the desks, the electronic equipments everything. The tube lights kept blinking, broken wires and pipes swinged down from the ceiling, sparks flying around. As they entered further, they saw all the soldiers lying around at random places, badly injured and unconscious. Joshua and Israr looked at each other shocked, and ran to Crawford's room. He was wounded too, and unconscious. At once they began panicking, but regained there senses and acted bravely. Joshua called the emergency medical services, and Israr checked around cautiously, if the committer of such catastrophe was still there, but there was no sign of anyone else.

The emergency medical services zoomed in, and carried everyone to the hospital, through the ambulance. Israr and Joshua stayed at the hospital, worried the whole time, walking back and forth continuously nervously.

After hours of medication, they were all a little fine. Israr and Joshua ran into the room where Crawford was. There was a plaster on his left hand and on his forehead. He sat up, leaning over the pulled up cushion of the bed. As soon as he saw them, he was delighted.

"Chief how are you feeling now," asked Joshua politely.

"Ummm . . . good!!!" replied Crawford casually, after thinking a little.

"What happened, chief??" asked Israr impatiently.

Crawford became serious deciding how to put up the whole story that had happened, and then informed, "Listen Joshua, Israr, the attack on the President was just a diversion. So that you both would come to protect him. While you both were out there, Lugia's robots bombarded the whole base. They shot everywhere blindly, harming a lot of our guards, and put up a good fight against all of us. After that they destroyed our central defense system and took out a device called the cybernetic revolution aimer."

"Oh, man!!!" exclaimed Israr and Joshua together, completely surprised and worried.

"How could all of it happen, maaaan. . . !!!" screamed Israr, then realized they were in a hospital and became silent, when the nurse stared at him surprisingly.

"But. . . then . . . what does that aimer thing do??" asked Joshua worried further.

"It's used for aiming at objects even kilometers away," replied Crawford, " but I still don't understand, . . the sonic emitter . . . and now. . . the cybernetic revolution aimer. I'm not able to understand a thing, those pieces don't even connect."

"Now don't tell me you're still working on it!!!" interrupted Israr and everyone laughed.

Later Israr and Joshua returned to their houses, but they were worried, discontent, having absolutely no idea about anything, but they also knew the fact that the world's safety and existence rested on their shoulders.