CHAPTER - 8 BLOSSOMS

Time after time Israr saw Joshua, lost in Serenity's thoughts most of the time. Israr couldn't see him that way, so one fine day he went to Joshua's house. Talking about other stuffs, Israr asked,

"Hey Josh, do you like Serenity??"

Joshua was completely surprised. He stayed silent for sometime then said,

"You're asking me if I like her . . . comeon Israr, ever since I saw her, I wasn't able to stop thinking about her. She's on my mind the whole time. I've never felt this way bro. I'll always keep her happy, because . . . because . . . I really like her bro." All the time he spoke, he kept looking out at the sky, through the window, very sensitively, lost in probably Serenity's thoughts. When Israr heard that he remained absolutely calm, like he knew all that a long ago, but as if he wanted to hear all that from Joshua.

Then in the evening he came to Joshua's house again and took him to the central park. Joshua wearing his usual grey jacked, and Israr wearing a hooded t-shirt, and an orange jacket over it, and brown pants, and his usual white band and crown shaped locket. As they walked around, joking and pushing each other, something left them completely astonished . . . it was Ash and Serenity, who were coming towards them. The girls came and stood in front of them. Serenity wearing a long green frock, with green flower like embroidery at the shoulders, and a grey heeled sandal. And Ash wearing a cream t-shirt, and a dark green, skin tight jacket over it, and jeans pants. Joshua remained still in surprise, while Israr stood smiling coolly, looking at the three of them. Then he took out a small i-pod like device, and pressed a button, and stretched it towards everyone, at once a recorded message inside it started playing,

"You're asking me if I like her . . . comeon Israr, ever since I saw her . . ." They all heard the whole recording. Israr had recorded it, when Joshua had said that.

"Israr??" asked Joshua confused, and shy.

"It was Israr's plan. He approached me, and told me to bring Serenity with me here," spoke up Ash boldly.

"Maan!! It was soo tough convincing Ash," commented Israr, and laughed, "you owe me one Josh!!". And Joshua looked at him with pleasing eyes, proudly.

"Yah, but I had to listen to you because Serenity was behaving in the same way as Joshua, from so many days," informed Ash.

When Joshua and Serenity heard all that, they felt shy, knowing that they liked each other. Then Israr and Ash went a little far away. Israr stood leaning over a tree; his hands folded watching Joshua and Serenity proudly. Ash stared at him for sometime impressively, and began,

"Israr you know, you are a very good person."

Israr was completely shocked, over Ash talking nice things, and moreover in a very sweet tone.

Ash continued, " I know you took our green apples that day because Joshua was hungry, and that you started that food fight because you wanted to change Joshua's mood. And. . . and we even saw the way you both saved that man at the railway tracks. You are good Israr. I don't know why I thought you were reckless . . . mannerless . . . careless . . . bad . . . disgraceful . ."

"Woah woah!! Easy with the pleasantries, maaan!!!" interrupted Israr, and Ash laughed at him. Israr felt really pleasant making her happy, and he smiled at her.

"Friends?" she asked.

"Sure," replied Israr, "It will be really good to be out of range of your killer stare, you know!!" he joked.

"WHAT?? What do you mean," she shouted, jolting forward towards him, "do I keep staring at people all the time huh . . . or do you think I stare for stupid purposes, what??"

"Hey I didn't mean that alright, you are really slow at understanding you know. Anger and attitude's always on your nose humph!!" shouted Israr, and after that both of them ended up quarreling badly.

"I'm really not gonna talk to you!!" screamed Israr, sniffed angrily and turned in the other direction, standing angrily like a small kid, with his hands folded. Ash smiled silently and stared at him proudly, tilting her head a little to the left.

After that a rainbow appeared, and Joshua and Serenity watched it together. Israr watched them proudly and Ash watched him really impressed.