CHAPTER - 7 WHEN LUCK RUNS OUT

Back home Cecelia cleared everything. On the other hand, Crawford cleared everything between the police officials, saying it had all happened for the chase and capture of an alien. Crawford loved Israr and Joshua as his own sons, and believed that for the service they were doing to the planet, their such doings would best be ignored, to a certain limit.

Next day, Israr set out for another mischief, so he brought Joshua along. They kept walking, and Israr searched for something to do. They noticed a science fair going on in the central park, and they entered it. They passed watching scientific stuffs, different children made, like a volcano, waste recycle machine, and stuffs like that.

"I'm hungry!!" remarked Joshua.

Israr noticed two green apples at the third stall, and picked them up, and gave one to Joshua rubbing it to his t-shirt.

"We shouldn't take that, Israr," said Joshua sincerely.

"Oh, comeon Josh, don't bother!!" replied Israr casually, and rubbed his green apple against his t-shirt and started eating it. Joshua saw him, and started eating it too.

"Look at that fuuny robot walking," mocked Israr looking at the robot and laughing abruptly. But he didn't hear Joshua laugh, but he didn't bother, and continued laughing more at it. Suddenly Joshua pulled his sleeve, and Israr turned back and asked,

"what josh-'', but suddenly his laughter broke down completely. Ash and Serenity were in front on them. Ash stood staring at Israr.

"You just ate my science project, you know," she demanded angrily, pointing at the green apple.

"What??" grasped Israr shocked. He looked at his almost half eaten green apple, and then looked up at Ash, his eyes and mouth wide open, him completely confused, first on how she appeared in front of him and secondly on what she meant about the project.

"We were making a device that could measure the content of iron in apples," informed Serenity softly.

"Yikes!!" produced Israr smiling foolishly, scratching the back of his hair, the same way Joshua usually did, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry; I'll get some green apples right away."

"NO NEED!!" shouted Ash, "just shut up and go away!!!"

Israr put his head down and began to leave, but Joshua stood staring at Serenity. So he returned back again and took Joshua with him, and they walked away.

Later they went to a restaurant and started eating. Joshua was still lost in Serenity's thoughts. Accidentally he dropped a little sauce on Israr's pants. Israr looked at him mischievously and pressed the sauce bottle hard, Joshua dodged it and the sauce fell on someone else. That person threw sauce at them and they bent down and it fell on another person. And then started . . . FOOD FIGHT!!! Everyone threw ketchup, sauce, sandwiches, pan cakes and stuffs like that at each other. Israr tilted the table and they both hid under it. Joshua looked out sometimes and he really enjoyed it and laughed a lot, looking at people covered in cheese, sauce, sandwiches. Then he came down the table laughing and said excitedly, while Israr was trying to quite him,

"Man . . . amazing . . . I can't believe you started it," and he laughed a lot. But Israr didn't laugh at all, and hit his forehead. Joshua felt surprised at his behavior and turned and looked behind, his laughter completely broke in silence . . . Ash and Serenity were in front of them, completely covered in cheese, sauce, ketchup, sandwiches and what not. And moreover they had heard what Joshua had spoken just now. Ash stood staring at Israr heatedly, her hands on her waist.

"Oh boy!!" remarked Joshua scared, and gulped hardly, clutching the edge of the tilted table tightly. Israr was seated, his back against the table, holding his forehead with his hand, hiding his face, and he exclaimed silently,

"God, this is not happening!!!"

Then Ash left angrily, pulling Serenity with her, who stood staring at Joshua.

Then Israr and Joshua got out of the restaurant and later went to a mall, where they just roamed aimlessly. Then when they were getting out of the mall, a really thin man was entering in. He crashed into Israr and fell down. Israr and Joshua stood laughing at him. The same moment Ash and Serenity appeared and saw them laughing. They saw the girls and suddenly stopped laughing.

Israr hit his forehead with his hand, and said to himself, "Great!!!"

Ash stared at him in extreme anger, and then pulling Serenity with her, went into the mall. The thin man turned out to be a power user. He got up and stared at Joshua and Israr angrily. He activated his powers and in a few moments he became really strong, his shirt tore open and his splendid chest, muscles and abs surprised Israr and Joshua.

"RUN!!!" shouted Israr, and they both started running, and that man chased them, all around. They ran from between the people, the man chased them straight, anyone who was in his way, crashed into him and fell a lot distance away. Then Israr and Joshua ran through the cars, through the traffic, dodging all the vehicles. But that man still ran straight towards them, pushing any car in his way. Then they ran through the railway tracks, and jumped over them, but when that man ran, his leg got stuck between the rails. While running Joshua looked back, then shouted,

"Israr, he's stuck . . . and the trains coming!!!"

Israr stopped running and shouted over to that man, "Hey . . . comeon man . . . move . . . the trains coming. ."

The man struggled hard to get his leg free but was unsuccessful.

"Oh great!!!" exclaimed Israr, and ran to him, and he too tried pulling his leg out, but it was no use. Joshua joined in through, but still there was no result.

"Comeon . . . get away from here, save yourselfs," said the man, and pushed Israr and Joshua off the rail tracks. The train was very near by then. But they stood in front of the man, and announced together,

"We are not leaving you here," completely determined.

Suddenly Israr was hit with an idea, and he shouted, "Joshua . . earthquake NOW!!!".

Without giving a second, Joshua bend down on one knee, touched the ground with his hands, and caused a very mild earthquake, the same moment Israr pulled out the man's leg out and they all pushed themselves off the rail tracks. The train passed away, leaving everyone unharmed. Joshua looked at himself and the other two, and saw them safe and jumped with joy and shouted,

"YES!!! Alright man!!!"

The man and Israr were breathing heavily, seated on the ground, and then they recovered to their senses.

"Thank you," said the man, and shook hand with Israr and Joshua, and walked away turning back to his normal form.

Israr and Joshua took a sigh of relief, and started walking back home. None of them spoke, just remained in their individual wondering of how diverse their day was.