CHAPTER - 4 A NEW CHOSEN WARRIOR

Next day in the morning, Israr set out walking through the market place. There he noticed a large crowd at the game station. He pushed himself through the crowd and saw a boy play a video game. He defeated anyone who challenged him in the game. Israr felt his ego being challenged, and he moved forward and played the game with that boy. The game went on for long. Everyone in the crowd stood watching the game attentively. None of them could be declared the winner because they won the game alternatively and then it ended in a draw. The boy looked at Israr. He had a very innocent face and brown hair which were combed like the dove's wings.

After that, they both went to a grass field, and started passing the soccer ball to each other, talking in the meantime. The boy wore a long grey hooded jacket, one like a detective, but it seemed a little big for his size, the sleeves were long, and almost covered his fingers completely, but it made him look attractive. Israr found that boy to be more like himself, fun loving, happy go type. It didn't take long before they became friends. The only thing was that he was a little shy type.

Israr kept his left foot a little distance away by the side of the ball, and kicked the ball hard with his lace, and when he did, flames appeared over it, but that boy kicked the ball back hard, without even stopping it, and when he did, it felt as if the ground was shaking.

"My name is Joshua," said the boy introducing himself feeling a little shy.

"I'm Ethan Israr," introduced Israr.

Joshua seemed a little confused and asked innocently,

"so. . . that means I call you Ethan??"

"Oh no no, you can call me Israr. Ethan is my father's name. Actually the place where I come from the family name comes first and then our name," clarified Israr.

"Oh good," remarked Joshua in a sense of relief, "where are you fro-''

Before he could finish, something vibrated in his pocket. It was a microphone. He put it in his ear, and pressed the button on it, he heard what was being told, and then replied,

"Okay I'm coming."

"Goodbye, Israr," he said, passing the ball, to him, and left.

Israr began to walk back, his hands in his pockets; his eyes closed wondering about Joshua. As he neared his house, his microphone started vibrating. He answered; it was Crawford asking him to come at the main base.

"I'll be there," replied Israr and started off.

He reached the base, and entered the main floor, and walked towards Crawford's office. The doors opened automatically sideways, and he went in. Crawford was seated on his chair, infront of him stood a boy having brown hair, wearing a grey long hooded jacket, his back towards Israr. Crawford noticed Israr's arrival and announced excitedly,

"Israr I'd like you to meet your new team mate."

Then at once the boy turned back. His face was innocent . . . very familiar . . . it was Joshua!!! Both of them were showing mixed emotions of surprise and delight, happy to see eachother. Crawford observed their reaction and emotions, and asked,

"You guys know each other??"

They were silent for some moments and then Israr replied smiling,

"Yep, we're friends!!," and Joshua smiled back to him proudly.

"Very good," announced Crawford, "you are going to be a team now; Joshua has the power of land. I'm very sure you'll get along well."

"We'll be a great team chief!!" replied Israr cheerfully.

The whole day Israr and Joshua discussed about their powers and tried new combos. Joshua had complete mastery over land. He could cause earthquakes, landslides and even could drag out any sized or shaped pieces of land, from the land itself.

At the end of the day, they gave a hi-fi to each other as they knew they were going to be a great team.

"UNREAL!!!. . . you are from Pluto. . . unbelievable. . . that explains you name shift," expressed Joshua surprised and overjoyed.

"Yaah. . . guess so," said Israr, smiling, scratching the back of his hair, "so. . . what's the story with that detective, hooded jacket of yours??"

The question seemed to depress Joshua, because he suddenly stopped smiling, and as he spoke, he didn't look at Israr just kept looking down sorrowfully,

"It belonged to my elder brother . . . you know he was the youngest to ever become a detective . . . but he passed away, saving people during a big catastrophe," and suddenly he got completely silent and dim.

Israr didn't know what to say to calm him, instead he was repenting as to why he had asked Joshua about the jacket. But suddenly Joshua lifted up his spirits bravely and announced,

"and that's why I'm gonna beat up all villains for the safety of everyone, and I'll make my brother proud."

At that Israr felt really amazed and impressed with him, and declared strongly and confidently,

"We will . . . for sure!!", and they watched each other proudly.

Israr returned home and told everything about Joshua to Cecelia, while they had dinner together. He said everything so excitedly, that Cecelia had a hard time calming him down, but she was really glad.