Chapter 2: Like I Never Left Home...

"Ugh!" I groaned. I felt like hell. My back hurt... This place smells weird. Where am I? I groggily opened my eyes and looked around. I was in a large room. There were other beds in the room, none of them were occupied. I sat up in the bed. So thirsty...

I looked around the room. There was a glass of water on the table next to me. I picked it up and chugged it down.

"The zombie awakens." I spun my head to see Sarah standing in the doorway of the room. My eyes widened when I saw her.

From the waist up, she was her normal self. She wore an orange t-shirt that said Camp Half-Blood on it, which I managed to read through my dyslexia. From the waist down she was a goat. She had hooves and dark brown fur that matched her hair.

"Woah," I said, staring at her legs. "You're a... You're a goat?" She smiled and trotted towards me. I swung my legs over the side of the bed.

"A satyress." she said. "How are you feeling?" 

I stretched my arms and legs. "Stiff. My back hurts." She laughed and sat down next to me.

"Well, you were attacked by a manticore." I was silent. So it wasn't a nightmare. "That was really impressive, you know. Everyone's talking about you. You should've seen the amount of people in here to-"

"Wait, everyone?" I interrupted. "Who's everyone? Where am I?" She grinned slightly and pointed to her shirt. "Camp Half-Blood? What's Camp Half-Blood?"

"It's a summer camp for demigods." I gave her a confused look. "A demigod is someone with one parent that's a human and another that's a god."

"So I'm a demigod?" She nodded. "Then that means my dad is..."

"A god." Sarah said. "Like Zeus, Ares and Hermes." 

"Which one's my dad?" I asked. She shrugged. I nodded, understanding that she didn't know. She patted my back.

"Come on, there's someone you should meet." She helped me up and held my arm while she walked me to the porch. I was still unsteady from the loss of so much blood. We walked to the porch that looked over the entire valley. It was amazing. There was a volleyball court, an arena, and a bunch of other buildings. There was a beautiful ocean view. There was a clomping noise. A person appeared in front of Sarah and me. He was sort of like Sarah, except older and was part horse from the waist down. He had a scruffy brown beard on his chin and curly hair.

"You must be Alexandria." He said. Even when I was on the porch I was just barely taller than him. "You gave everyone quite the scare. I'm sure everyone will be glad to know you're getting better. Is this the first time you've been noticed by a monster?

"Uh, yeah, unless Josh counts as a monster." I said. He laughed.

"I am Chiron. I'm the activities director at Camp Half-Blood. I also run the archery class. You will be staying in the Hermes cabin until you are claimed by your godly parent. How old are you?"

"Fifteen." 

"Why wasn't she brought here earlier?" Chiron asked Sarah. 

"I was assigned to someone else at the same school. They moved away and got assigned a new protector. I stayed at the school when I realized Alex was a demigod, which was five months ago."

Chiron nodded. "Alright. Why don't you show Alex to her cabin? I'm sure she'll be able to make a friend there that could help her around." Sarah nodded. She helped me down the stairs and to twenty buildings put together in the shape of a Omega. She brought me to an old cabin with peelng brown paint. I gave her a look that said what-did-I-do-to-you-to-deserve-this?. She laughed and helped me inside the cabin. There were a lot of kids in there. There were only a few bunk beds, so a lot of people were relaxing on the floor. Immediately after I opened the door, everyone stopped and looked at me.