Chapter 23: Epilogue

Start from the beginning

"You said you were fighting a battle. Don't you think it's unsafe? What if they follow you here?"

"Our cannon is equiped with the last unused crystal that holds powers like ours. If anything we have 4 people who can fight."

"You shouldn't come, the Earth might be under attack again. We will keep you out if we have to."

"That's not your choice. May I remind you we can destroy every last weapon you own easily and safely."I said. Venus nodded.

"Is that a threat?"

"No. It's a reminder, you don't control us at all." I gave a sweet smile and hung up.

"Bastard." She rolled her eyes

"Asshole " I said simultaneously.

"30 minutes till earth." Irene yelled.

Eneas sat across from us. Her magenta hair in a bun and it exposed the lines rapped around her neck. She smiled at us and we looked back weirdly.

"It's been.... 7 years. I made the right decision." She started to cry. "You two are so grown now."

I looked at Venus and smiled. "I guess so." She pushed my face to look a different direction.

----------------------

We landed behind the football field of the stadium. We were late... We got lost in the belt. I held Venus's heels as she started to jump over the bleachers. She was silently screaming shit shit shit trying not to flash people as she's landing.

We spotted my parents and quickly went to sit. We both smiled innocently."You're late." She glared.

"It just started!!" I hissed.

"No. They are already are half way through the name calling."

"Oops. We got lost." Venus laughed.

I watched as my little sister who was now sporting a dress and bouncy blond curls went up to the podium to get her diploma. Senior year changed her...

"Now for the valedictorian."

My sister got up again and my eyes lit up. "THATS MY SISTER." I screamed. My dad joined me and my mother pretended she didn't know us.

Astrid shot look at us. "Don't talk. You were late." She snapped. The stadium erupted in a laugh and I sat down with my heart shattered.

"So living as a child of a closeted superhero was easy. Until he was exposed by my mom's ex boyfriend. After my brother finally left. My whole year has been trying to not be in his shadow. Trying not to be only 'Castello's little sister'. Though he got to go to space and meet aliens, I get to do something he never got to do. Go to college."

"Ouch." I laughed. She went on about how high school was pretty hard when I was around and it got even harder when I left. Then I stopped listening because Venus needed help because she was stuck on the bleacher.

Clapping loudly packed the stadium and everyone was dismissed. Astrid came into the bleachers and punched my arm. "You were late."

"I said I'd come I didn't say I'd be on time." I winced holding my arm.

She looked at Venus. "And you!! You look very pretty."

"So do you. How are you?" Venus smiled.

"Valedictorian you know how it is. Hard work pays off."

"We can let you ride in the spaceship. I know you always wanted to." I laughed

"I have a car now." She said putting her hand to my face. "It's ok."

--------------------

We sat by a bonfire roasting marshmallows with a few of Astrid's friends. Venus was trying not to sleep while she laid on my shoulder. It's been a long ass day. "So when you guys get married you'll do it on Earth right?" My mom smiled

"Married?" We both said confused.

"Oh, we don't usually have much time to do anything....." Venus said

"We fight and sleep. Repeat." I said.

"But, it would be on Earth right?"

"Sure why not." I smiled.

Venus looked at me and smiled. "Yeah. Why not."

Astrid stared at both of us. "There's a spare bedroom if you don't want to wait till marriage."

"Astrid!" My dad snapped.

"Im just helping out my brother"

"Captain? Zach? Either one I don't care." Kopin yelled. I tapped my com in my ear. "Yeah?"

"You won't believe who followed us."

"The battle ships?" Venus looked into the sky. Her mouth covered her lips. I looked up and a ship that wasn't even CLOSE to the planet seemed like it was in my face.

"Mother ship." Kopin mumbled.

"Have fun guys. Congrats sis." I smiled.

"God DAMMIT Zach. Stop bringing trouble!" She said looking at the sky in horror.

"Turn on the forcefield." Venus said probably towards the sergeant.

"I told you little asses that this would happen." The grouchy old man's words came from my mouth.

" 'I told you so' ISNT going to protect the Earth. Turn it ON." She snapped.

"Time to risk our lives again."

"Self sacrifice." I smiled running back towards the stadium where our ship was hiding.