Chapter 8: Evil

My sister and I sat in church trying not to sleep. Don't get me wrong. Church can be good for people..... People that don't stay up at night fighting some girl who called you a careless hero.

I pulled out the hym book and began singing with everyone else. I only went to church when I was away with my mother. So I don't normally know the people that well. Since we just started going 2 months ago.

None of this is important though. I'm just trying to tell you where I was Sunday morning. So incase I get blamed for a murder. I have witnesses and an alibi.

I had received a text from Alena. That's right I have to talk to her about this Clone mix up.

Alena: Morning sweet heart, I want you to come by to this address at 4 ok? Come in your costume.

Me: Morning Alena, I'll see if I can get out of the house.

Alena: Alright. ❤️😘 67 Laquent Avenue

Me: 💁🏼‍♂️

I turned off my phone and sighed. I've never done a day mission. Frankly. I don't want to. But I have to get to the bottom of this Clone issue.

------
"Mom I'm headed to the park. I just want some fresh air!!"

"Take your sister."

I frowned and twitched. Astrid popped her head in without warning. I was already almost out the window in costume.

She closed the door and locked it. She pulled me back and closed the window. We stared at each other. "This... This is cosplay. I thought mom wouldn't like it-"

"Cut the crap I already knew you were Castello."

"Wait how?"

"You took up sewing and you shouldn't put your suit in the dryer without someone watching it. Dad almost saw it and I hid it in my clean clothes."

I smiled not knowing what to say." Astrid you..."

"I also can't jump out the window with you fucking idiot." She whispered.

"You could have told me you knew..."

"I wanted to catch you doing something utterly ridiculous."

"Take me to the park and if I'm in trouble I'll call you. I am first priority remember. Not any super villain."

"Thats how its always been and will be."

She smiled. "All right. But you still have to do what I say."

"Or else you will tell the whole world I'm Castello?"

She took a picture and put it in her 'my eyes only' file on snap chat. "Yes I will."

"Astrid this isn't fair. Don't do this."

"I promise you. On my life. I won't share. I just want a reminder how cool my brother is. Don't hurt yourself."

She turned around as I threw normal clothes over my spandex. We both slowly walked out of the house.

We raced to get her to the park. But we took a detour. "You would be safer at the library"

"That's fair. Plus I'll be bored."

I handed her money and a charger for her phone. Me changing on the library roof was the most strangest thing I've done this week. So far.

I left my clothes on the roof under a vent and zipped off to the address Alena sent me. With the underwear on my head again.
------