The Cursed T-shirt

Start from the beginning

I was impressed. "You're good."

"I know," he replied smugly. He was so full of him self sometimes... who am I kidding, more like all the time. "Did he start singing?"

"Who?" I asked in confusion.

"Detention dude." He obviously ignored the fact that I told him to call him Adam.

"No he didn't sing but he did rap."

"Seriously?"

I looked at him like he was stupid. "No he did not rap idiot, why would anyone do that on a date?"

He shrugged. "It happens."

I eyed him curiously. "I take it you're speaking from experience?"

He looked away and nodded. "I went out with girl who decided it would be alright to sing Britney spears during the middle of our date."

I snorted with laughter at his unfortunate experience. "That must have been an interesting date."

"It was torture," he said with a straight face which only made me laugh more. If someone started singing Britney Spears during my date I would probably shove my food in their face and bolt.

"Thankfully my date with Adam was nothing like that."

"So what was wrong with him?"

I thought for a second. "Well... nothing really." Adam was a truly awesome guy and I had a good time but didn't really think of our meeting as a date. "There just wasn't any, what's the word... spark."

He nodded understanding what I meant. He then wrapped an arm around me and pulled me closer to him. "Don't worry kid, you'll find that spark someday," he said, ruffling my hair. I snuggled up into the side of his body because it was really comfy. We fell back into silence and continued to watch TV as I drifted off with Ash stroking my hair.

***

"Dotty, what the hell happened to your eye," Sam asked, referring to my black eye. I sighed angrily and slammed his car door shut. I didn't want to talk about it, I just wanted him to drive. Before you ask, no, I did not get into a fist fight.

"I'd rather not talk about," I muttered, glaring out the window. Sam and I had stopped at the shop this morning and he had waited for me in the car while I bought my lunch.

"You do know I'll just keep bugging you until you tell me." Screw Sam for being so damn annoying. It was true though, Sam always made me tell him everything by constantly bugging me.

"Fine, I'll tell you moron."

He smiled in satisfaction.

I paused for a minute and then proceeded with my story. "So I was walking along minding my own business when this huge scary dude bursts through the shop door."

"Bigger than Mathew Dyson?" he said, referring to the body builder who went to our school.

I smirked and nodded. "Anyway, this guy suddenly pulled out a gun from his jeans and was like 'give me ya money punk' to the shop keeper. Obviously I couldn't stand there doing nothing so I threw a punch at his face and dived for the gun. It was an intense battle and he managed to punch me in the eye but I managed to get his gun," I finished proudly.

"Right..." Sam said, clearly unconvinced. "So you expect me to believe that you took down a guy four times your size with a gun."

I frowned and nodded my head. "I'm not lying." Sam raised an eyebrow causing me to crack. "Fine, there was no huge gunman and I didn't save the world."

Sam smiled. "You know you can't lie to me, I know you too well," he said patting me on the head. "So what really happened?"

I paused for a second, taking a deep breath in. "You promise not to laugh?"

He eyed me curiously and nodded.

I then proceeded to tell the embarrassing truth of what really happened to my eye. I pointed at my t-shirt. "What do you think of this t-shirt?" My t-shirt said the words "I'm a Ninja, its true."

Sam glanced at my t-shirt. "It's pretty kick ass."

"It's not. This t-shirt is cursed," I said in complete seriousness.

"Okay..." he said slowly, raising an eyebrow.

"Shut up at let me tell you the damn story." Sam knew that I got angry in embarrassing situations. "So I was minding my own business looking for a bacon sandwich. You know the ones with the really crispy bacon that makes my mouth water-"

"Focus woman."

It wasn't my fault I had a bad habit of going off track whenever food was involved. "Okay, so like I said I was picking up my sandwich when a giant apple comes flying at me and hits me in the eye." Getting hit by an apple really is an incredibly painful experience; I personally think it's worse that being punched.

Sam however was clearly amused by my painful experience.

"So an apple just came at you out of nowhere?"

"Just let me finish. Anyway, so I turn to the direction the apple came from and I see a little boy standing there. I ask him why the hell he did that and he tells me if I was a ninja I would have caught the apple. Then the little brat runs off to his mummy as if the whole thing never happened."

Sam was already crying with laguhter by the time I'd finished. I didn't see what was amusing about the situation. "I got assaulted by a five year old kid. This is no lauging matter."

"Well it was kind of you own fault."

It was official. My best friend was joining the dark side. Why was he siding with the evil little bastard.

I punched him the arm. "How the hell is it my fault?"

"The kid does have a point," he reasoned, ignoring the daggers I shot at him. "Ninja's are supposed to be able to catch anything. You're just not a true ninja otherwise"

"Yeah, but... but..." Damn, I didn't know what to say back to that. "Oh just shut up and drive."

He laughed. "Whatever you say ninja."

"You're not funny," I muttered as he drove off.

A/N: THANKS FOR READING!