Chapter 14-Wedding Preparations/Mendhi night (Edited)

Start from the beginning

"Be quite Amar and leave your sister alone, this is her last day in this house to make the best and most of it." My mum said as I had tears in my eyes that wouldn't fall out and everybody had a sad smile on their face.

"Well it may be my last day in this house as an Ahmed but I will always visit you guys whenever I get the chance to, don't you guys worry about that. Plus ammi and abbu you guys never told us how you met or your love story." I said with a smile knowing that will change the topic and the atmosphere.

Luckily my mom started to tell us the story of her love life whilst I ate my pancakes nodding along occasionally and my siblings all started at me and I knew the reason why because it is my last day here as Aaliya Ahmed as I will become Mrs Aaliya Ahmed Shezard.

"So mum have the dresses we ordered arrived yet the ones for my sisters and sister in laws and my friends and my dress have they come because I was heading over to pick Safina and Simra and bring them here as it's the mehndi today in the night and the Nikah tomorrow and was wondering if we get all the close men relatives clothes and bring them here and keep them in the basement locked in a cupboard? ", I asked my mum as we had all done our shopping yesterday and we all ordered our dresses yesterday but I don't know what it looks like as I was blindfolded whilst I got told to put it on and show everyone how it looks.

The Nikah will be done and it will be kept quite simple and plain as we will do it in a masjid but as everyone complained we let them plan the Walima and they went all out with the outfits that everybody is going to wear including me.

So for the Walima all the girls from my side will be wearing a baby pink lengha with gold embroidery and stitching with a gold scarf and all the girls from Amir's side will be wearing the same just their colours will be switched around, the lengha will be a nice gold colour with baby pink embroidery and baby pink stitching with a baby pink scarf. And the men from my side will be wearing baby pink sherwani with light gold skinny shalwar and a light gold scarf around their necks with it and the men from Amir's side will be wearing the same but the colours will be switched around light gold sherwani with baby pink skinny shalwar and a baby pink scarf around their necks.

Amir and I don't know what our outfits look like. We only know that they match in some way and that they look amazing on us.

"Yes beti that will be an amazing idea as all our guests know what the colour theme is and what colours they are wearing and which way round you can do that as we have a lot of space in our house and we can definitely do that because that way they will be safe", my mum said as she picked up her phone and rang my future mother in law.

So now I was driving towards Safina's house to pick her and Simra up so I can go and get the outfits and head home where we need to start the preparations for the mehndi that's happening tonight.

I had picked up the girls and the clothes and we were currently heading home after raiding a sweet shop for snacks and sweets needed for our massive sleepover. We had Deen Squad 'Deen Stars' on full blast as I sped down the highway to my house.

"Oh I can't believe I am alive oh how good it is to finally be on the ground", Simra said as she ran over to the house door and rang the bell.

"Oh stop being so dramatic Simra it was only a five-minute drive", Safina said as she rolled her eyes and laughed. The door was finally opened by my oh so annoying brother Amar who had a cheeky grin on his face as he helped me unload the outfits and carried them downstairs to the basement.

"What's so funny? Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked him as we made our way back upstairs.

"Oh nothing my lovely sweet sister nothing at all", he replied which made me so suspicious as he has never called me sweet.