That's my mom and Sam's job. Sam Close is my fashion manager and makes sure I look gorgeous and runway ready everywhere I go. Once my mom realised I couldn't pick out great outfits for myself, she hired Sam and that's who has been with me for years now. He saves my life on a daily basis and keeps my family from publicly humiliating ourselves everything we walk outside. I'm really glad he's going to Texas with me. I don't know what I would do without him.

Since this was an on-the-spot trip to the studio, I would just have to deal with calling Sam for advice.

I pressed the number 3 on my speed dial and waited until the familiar voice picked up.

"I'm on my way up," Sam answered.

"What? On your way where?"

"I already at your apartment building. I'm walking up the stairs right now. See you in 2," Sam replied, sounding a little out of breath.

"Awww...Your the best," I cooed.

"So I've heard," he laughed, before hanging up.

True to his word, Sam was knocking on my door 2 minutes later with a smile on his face. That is, until I opened the door and he saw my room.

"Oh my gosh. You're leaving in 3 days."

"I know," I replied with a sheepish grin. I already knew what he was going to ask next.

"Well, how come nothing is packed," he questioned. I rolled my eyes at his predictable question.

"I've been busy brainstorming what to bring. I think i'm just going to get Martha to pack the stuff, though."

"You know, you work her too hard. She needs a break," he scowled before pointing a finger at me. "And you need to do your own work."

I laughed at his protectiveness. Sam has always watched over Martha like she was his mother. Don't get me wrong. She's great and I totally respect her, but Sam and her just have a special bond that no one can break.

"She just came back from a vacation last week and my family paid for it. What more can you ask for?"

"Yeah yeah. Okay. I guess I can let you off the hook, but you should help her a little bit," he countered. "Okay. I have a few outfits in my car you can wear or we can try and find something in these stacks of clothes you have on the floor."

"It would probably be best to just wear what you have on your car."

"Good choice. I really didn't want to have to look through these stacks of clothes to find something presentable," he said, laughing. "Okay. I'll be right back. Go straighten your hair while I go get the outfits and maybe we can finish in 30- well 20 minutes now," he told me.

As he said this, a thought crossed my mind. "Hey. How did you know I needed your help?"

"Your mom called," he said as he walked out of my bedroom.

****

20 minutes later, I was styled and ready to go. I thanked Sam before dashing down stairs to meet my mom.

"You are pushing your time today, but I think we can still make it," mom said.

I could tell she was a bit agitated, but she was the one that gave me 30 minutes.

"Okay. Let's go. Mike expects us at the studio in a few minutes. He has a little surprise for you," Mom said as she walked out the door.

Mike is mom's manager and like an uncle to me. He managed mom's career before I was even born. He actually helped my mom and dad meet so I guess I kind of owe him for my existence. He's a pretty cool guy.