Prologue - to a new begining.........

"I WILL KILL HIM!!!!! Oh God I will Sooooo KILL that asshole! Mommy see what he got me into! Gosh I am so much in pain! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

"Shh baby, it’s okay. Just take a few deep breathes. You’re doing very well my girl. It's okay. Everything is fine. Totally so. You are such a strong girl my darling. Just hang on a bit." Mommy Cooed as she held my hand and softly played with my hair. I had practically been breaking her hand for the last.... "How many hours has it been already Granny?" I yelled trying hard to remember.

"Oh baby girl, it has been only 36 hours yet. I’m sure you can last a few more." She patted my head good naturedly and all the women giggled. I saw red!

"ONLY ONLY 36 Gramps?? Seriously? How long do you want me to last because of the sod! I’m dying here! Arggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" I yelled through my brain. 

The women around laughed and giggled at me. "It's okay little one. You will be fine. Promise." The nurse patted my leg. I was dying here, sweating, tired and exhausted and with every push I felt more angry than drained. Nothing was happening here!!

"Can you get dadddy to kick his balls maARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG" 

"I’m so sure he has already done that a few million times love. Judging by your yells I’m sure your daddy is probably beating someone into a pulp sweetie." Mom soothed me and a tiny tear escaped her eyes.

I don't remember much but then I was really tired, I really wanted to sleep.

...........

She was worrying us. The baby wasn't out yet and it had been over 36 hours. She was totally exhausted. Just as she was about to faint, the baby decided to make an appearance and aided with medicines and able doctors, a tiny little boy was welcomed into this world by his over excited and worried Grandmother and his totally exhausted and sleepy mother.

Rudra cut the cord as he lay on his mom’s tummy. The nurse gave him a tight slap on his butts then and he cried lustily, just like a Rathore should. Who would have thought that this day would come, but come it did and this young man deserved a beautiful name.

Rudra looked at me and I smiled. "He has eyes like you Rudra therefore he must be named after you. Rudraksha( rudra- ak-sha) the one who has eyes like Rudra. What do you say?" I whispered and every one heartily agreed. Rudra on the other hand simply cried her joy as she patted her daughter and simply cooed over her favorite child.

The baby was wrapped and handed to Rudra who hugged him tight and helped Caro feed him. After the over exhausted new mother slept, I took Rudraksha out to meet his father and family. I felt immense pride in holding him. I was a great-great Grandmother and extremely proud.

Ishan and Shiva stood in the corner, white with fear while Rudra held his younger sister, Shakti, (another name for Rudra). Shakti like Rudra was born a tomboy and played with cars and not dolls. She was her brother’s darling and well Caro pampered her mad. Rudra held his father's hand as well. Ethan looked thunderous. White in fear and mad in anger. 

He didn't know whether he should murder Ishan or pray for his daughter. I bet everyone could hear Caro yelling. I took baby Car, well for want of a nick name, to his great-great Grandfather who sat in his usual place waiting for me. Handing him his great-great Grandson, I picked up a huge silver plate and spoon and clanged them hard, a sign that I was announcing the birth of a boy in my house. I knew everyone could see me; I stood on the terrace and practically banged the plate.