Rudra!!

5 years later........

".... And ladies and gentlemen, the profit posted by the Rathore group for this year is the highest it has ever posted in the 5 years of its existence. We are now officially one of Canada's fastest growing group companies with a turnover of more than percent year on year. This achievement is all thanks to you people and your unending support. Thank you so much each and every one of you. You employees make this empire what it is. Thank you. Now, I would like to conclude by announcing my resignation from the post of CEO of the restaurant chains as well as from the position of the CEO of the Rathore Group. Thank you for supporting me for all these years." Rudraa ended her speech amid shocked silence as she walked down the dais.

“NOOOOOO" a resounding echoed as every one of her 4000 strong employees yelled their reaction to her stepping down. People in front, next to the podium simply refused to let her get off the stage. They blocked her, forcing her back to the mike, back to the stage where her fellow board members and family stood, each stunned in silence as well.\

"Please calm down" Rudra requested as she took over the mike once again, "Please understand that I need to resign. I need to for my family, my son. I have invested so many years into this company, and now, I need to invest it in my family. I hope you will support me in this decision as well." saying so, Rudra walked down and out of the auditorium.

I followed her as she walked out and sat in her car, I ran to sit next to her just as she was about to drive off. "Are you sure?' I asked tentatively. 

"Yes my darling, I am sure." She smiled and we drove in silence.

I reflected back on the last five years, on her growth, on her strength, on her steadfastness, I was proud of her, I decided. I would stand by this decision as well.

As soon as she reached home, she walked into her family temple and bowed, then, taking leave, she walked to our bedroom and retrieved a suitcase, changing into her bridal trousseau she walked out looking like a princess, look just as she had done on this very day, 6 years back as she entered my house for the very first time.

"Caro," She whispered. "I am going home, kindly bring Rudra home this evening when you both have had dinner." She whispered as she walked out. I stood there stunned.

“Home?”

Rudraa or mom as I had always called her, smiled shyly as she walked out of the door. I knew where she was going; only, I simply refused to believe it.

Our family walked in, "Rudy, what are you doing?? Why are you resigning?? What has gone in your head?" Demanded Great-grandpa as he walked in to see her dressed as she was. All were stunned by this transformation. Mom had refused to dress up all these years. She never once dressed like a woman, even on festivals when we all adorned ourselves in our fineries, she just wore her pants, but today she was a bride again. "What reason do I have to dress up for?" She would ask every time we tried to cajole her. Today, today she seemed to have a reason.

"I have repaid my debt to your family. Now, I must be a dutiful and loving wife and a mother." She whispered as she walked out of the door, past everyone. I understood what she meant.

For the last 5 years, she had worked hard, really hard to make the Rathore Empire what it was. Now, she could sit back and relax as she became my dad's wife again, as she simply became a living woman again. All these years were a battle for her, she fought to survive, today, today she would live again.

I followed her, saw her walk out, walk across the street as a bride, and followed her as she walked to dad's home, the warehouse. I stood a little farther apart as she walked up to her husband, as she walked straight into the open arms of the only man she ever loved as she hugged and cried in the arms of her love.

Rudra Ethan Hawk was once more a woman, in his arms, she was once more a wife, a lover, a complete person who laughed and cried as her love, as her crazy husband rained kisses on her face. 

It is a beautiful sight when you see true lovers, but it is always a special sight when the true lovers are your parents and know that no matter what, they will always love one another.

I, Caroline Rudra Ethan Hawk am the luckiest lady on earth because I am the daughter of the most powerful woman in the western world. She reigned over the powerful Ethan hawk as she reigned over the Rathore Empire. 

She fought for her family then, she fought for them till she restored their dignity and pride, she fought for her family today as she decided to walk out of her elf imposed exile and into the arms of her man, She is most certainly Rudra, the healer, the nurturer, the giver. I have never seen her take anything before today.

She claimed her husband only when she repaid his debt. I doubt if I would ever be like her, but I did know this, no one can equal the strength of Rudra Rathore Hawk.

This is the story of my mother, of the woman who lives by her name. Rudra and the feminine power present in each and every one of us. She lived for her family and sacrificed for them as well. She loved them and still does, but here is a woman who stood by her principals, her duties before she agreed to live by her love.

Rudra, I respect you and bow before you......