1. wingman me

Xander

Blood rushed to my head as smoke ran down my throat, twisting its way into the farthest corners of my damaged lungs as I inhaled sharply. With a smile, I exhaled, letting smoke curl around me like the claws of a demon. I set my gravity bong down on my bedside table, trading it for a bottle of Temazepam. I struggled with the cap, the world spinning around me as I worked to separate the white head from it's orange body.

Eventually, it gave in, allowing me to desperately pour a few pills into my hand before quickly shoveling them in my mouth. I gulped, struggling to push them past the desert like walls of my throat. I set the pill bottle back onto the table and reached for a bottle of tequila to wash down the rest. The alcohol raced down my throat even faster than the smoke had, leaving a harsh but satisfying burning sensation throughout my body.

I leaned back against the headboard of my bed, waiting for exhaustion to hit me. The head high hit first, sending me into a psychedelic like trance as my room spun around me. My vision blurred, random shapes dancing across my eyes. A few minutes later, loud ringing filled my head. I shot up, my mind spinning as I searched for my phone.

"Yeah?" I muttered into the speaker, my lips tingling with every breath.

"Where are you?" I know I should've recognized the voice, but I didn't.

"Home." I grumbled back, my words slurring as the alcohol and pills kicked in, making my eyelids feel like lead. I turned off my phone, dropping it on the floor before lying back down. I smiled as my eyes drifted shut, allowing me slide into a comatose like sleep for the first time in days.

***

"XANDER!"

My eyes flew open as someone shook me.

"Oh my God, you're okay!" Arms flew around me as I got pulled upwards, embracing me in a tight hug. I rubbed my eyes, resting my chin on Wyatt's shoulder.

"What are you doing here?" I muttered, pulling away to lean back against my headboard. I grabbed the bottle of tequila, raising it to my lips.

"I called you like ten times last night and when you finally picked up you barely said anything. I just wanted to make sure that you were okay." I glanced up at Wyatt, his blue eyes were red with tears, his sunglasses on top of his head.

"Why wouldn't I be okay?" His eyes widened.

"You don't remember...?" He raised one of his eyebrows.

"Remember what?"

"We were all hanging out at my house, your phone rang and you answered, said like two words, then ran out. You really don't remember...?"

"That still doesn't explain why you're here though." I growled, annoyance laced in my voice as I took another sip.

"I thought something was wrong but I figured you didn't want to talk about it. So I thought I'd ask you in the morning, but when I got here, the door was open and you were passed out. I called your name like five times before you woke up... I was about to call the cops." I rolled my eyes. Wyatt is always so dramatic.

"Well, as you can see, I'm fine. You can go now."

"Are you okay Xan?"

"Yes. I'm perfect. Everything is WONDERFUL. I love being woken up by some pale white boy that's literally so blindingly white that even the KKK would be intimidated." Wyatt sighed and stood up. He looked tired, his bright blonde hair was messy and grey circles seemed to be forming under his eyes.