The Name of the Culprit is Sinbad

I sat in the shade of a tree in the gardens, watching  Aladdin practice with Yamraiha. 

Normally, I would have already been out training, but every time I tried to leave, Ja'far would drag me back. Apparently, I "need to take a break". And the prince from Kou would be arriving this afternoon and I was asked to be at the docks to greet him with everyone.

" Halharl Infigare!"

A tower of flames shot from Aladdin's staff into the sky and Yamraiha looked impressed. " What do you think, Big Sister?" Aladdin asked after he released the spell.

" Right-that's not good at all." Yamraiha replied. " True, you can generate tremendous amounts of magoi. But all you're doing is releasing heat...as magic, it's quite simplistic." She explained.

" What do you mean by that?" Aladdin asked her. 

" There are so many more things you can do with this thing called magic, you see. For example, something like this..."

Suddenly, the mage disappeared in front of our eyes.

Aladdin looked around worriedly for his teacher. 

" I'm still here." 

Aladdin's arm was pulled in a direction and Yamraiha reappeared.

" This is Sharrar Magud. 'Gather water,' 'Convert it to steam,' Refract the light...' Those are the three commands that I've issued the rukh." She said. 

" Commands?" 

" You see, magic is all about spells. What happens when you give the rukh a certain command is quite cut-and-dried. And those commands are the unseen truths that make up this world. By uncovering them, and combining them, we can produce all kinds of phenomenon. And that's what we call magic. A magio-user of your caliber, with the right training, could even become capable of wielding High Magic- which combines hundreds of commands at once." She explained.

" I see... So that's what magic is, huh? Thank you, Big Sister. I want you to teach me more and more about this magic." Aladdin told his teacher.

However, his training session was cut short as Sinbad walked into the clearing, with Morgiana and Alibaba in tow. " Alecs, could you come with me?" He asked. 

" Yeah, sure." I replied as I got up from the shade of the tree I was under.

Alibaba, Morgiana, and I followed Sinbad into a room filled with, well, gold everything. Chests, jewelry, armor, vases, and pretty much anything else you could imagine, made of gold and/or encrusted in jewels.

" I'm pretty sure that that sword's no good anymore." Sinbad told Alibaba. 

" What?" Alibaba asked nervously. 

" It's not as if your djinn is dead. If you transfer your djinn to another metal vessel, you'll be able to use him again." The king explained.

" Oh, great!" Alibaba exclaimed.

" But the question is, what kind of metal should you transfer him to? A djinn unleashes his power when he's one with his master. For that reason, the ideal metal vessel would be something that you've worn for a long time, or something you hold dear, or that you have a strong connection to." Sinbad said. " That knife of yours was important to you, too, wasn't it?" He asked.

Alibaba drew his broken blade and said " Well, it's not really much, but not long after I went to live in the palace, there was an extracurricular business class that the previous King of Balbadd did...that my father came to observe, just once...and that day, I closed a deal for the first time, and this is the knife that I bought with the money I made. Well, it's nothing but a cheap knife, but... I'm a little bummed that it broke."