'How would the sun have shown itself at such a time, anyway?', she thought bitterly.

Overlooking the scene, Damian stood behind the rest. Wallowing in self loathing.

This was his fault.

He should have known as soon as those assassins appeared.

He should have kept tabs on the League's activity!

HE SHOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING!

With that urge of hatred, the sky crackled furiously, lightening striking in the distance. Clenched fists intensified the downpour and contorted features beckoning the wrath of the heavens. 

In that moment, when the angels were crying his rage and the skies were dark as his image, Damian swore to those above. Made an oath to those below. That he would pay them back, those who did it -no matter what their history was.

The silence that proceeded lasted for all too long.

*****

A few minutes later, when the rain had ceased, the sound of wheels on concrete registered in Damian's head. Pivoting, he saw Kori's car drive on to the scene, none other behind the wheel than Dick. The former Robin parked the car, eyes wide. Apprehensively, he climbed out of the vehicle surveying the damage before him.

Upon his arrival, the others picked themselves off of the ground, Koriand'r included, rotating to face the Nightwing. Yet Raven just stood as she was, resolve firm in her gaze as it stayed trained on where the Tower once was.

"So...", Dick trailed off.

Garfield's voice broke slightly, "Yeah."

"It's gone.", Jaime stated, a hand raised to his mouth. "What are we gonna do? All our stuff was there' we have nothing."

At that point, Damian stepped in, "That is not true."

All of them, Raven included, observed him with perplexity, watching as he walked over to the boot of the car. Opening it, the Boy Wonder produced seven, large, duffle bags. Returning to the group with them in hand, Damian gave one to each of the titans, leaving one for himself.

Raven inspected the exterior of hers, noting the plain, black design and sewn name-tag.

"These were prepared in the circumstances of a crisis.", the son of Batman explained, arms folded. "If ever a situation rose where it was impossible for us to return to the Tower, or anything likewise, we wouldn't be rendered vulnerable."

Nightwing's eyebrows rose as the others opened their bags: out of them, they pulled clothes, money, identification papers, food -the works. Jaime blew a low whistle as he flicked through the stack of notes.

"Dios mio! There's at least five-hundred dollars in here!"

Damian merely shrugged nonchalantly, "Preparation is key."

They were broken out of conversation by Dick's phone ringing. Once he had finished answering the call ,which was rather short, Nightwing beamed at the titans. Any trace of former solemnity was wiped off his face.

"Guys, Bruce was just on the phone- he said that you all are coming to Wayne Manor!", the light in his eyes was contagious- for some.

Kori, Damian and Raven were of mixed emotions: Kori knew Bruce well and he most certainly approved of her and Dick, but there was still the terror of staying with your boyfriend's father; Damian didn't know how he would be able to face the Batman after so long, yet he knew that he (deep, deep, deep down) missed his father; but pure fear coursed through Raven, it was clear to her that Batman didn't see her in a good light -the last time they met in person, it was to remove her from the planet.

However, Gar had the most conflicting thoughts. He acknowledged in his heart, that he couldn't take anymore loss. And the destruction of the tower collapsed the fragile house of cards that was his life.

"I'm sorry everyone.", the boy sighed, calling their attention immediately.

"What for?", Donna cocked her head.

"I- I can't do this anymore. ", and before he could change his mind, the changeling spluttered, "I quit."

Instantly, he was met with an onslaught of protests and questions, silencing them with a shattered look. In the next few minutes, he poured his heart out to them. And in those few minutes, they truly saw another side to the adamantly unaffected Beastboy -the side none had ever seen before. 

Once he had finish, Kori enveloped him in one of her signature hugs, motherly affection seeping from the foundations of her soul. It almost brought Raven, as an empath, to tears. Such raw, human emotions were still so much, too much, for her to bear; she held them in though, pushing her boundaries, but it was necessary. She owed that much.

"Well," ,Kori sniffed, pulling out of the hug, "We can at least drive you to the city - did you not say there was a friend you could stay with there."

The changeling smiled through watery eyes.

"Yeah, okay."

A.N

This chapter was extra long so I hope you liked it (over 1400 words!). In other news, I have discontinued my other story so I will probably be able to update more often -but no promises :b

And thank you so much for all of your views and comments! I'm already over 200 on the fourth chapter and this is literally blowing my mind. Checking this story every night literally makes my day (or rather, figuratively). So keep it coming!

-Bats ;3