Being a Box of Band-Aids

Time to share poems!!

Today's other poem is brought to you by my brilliant idea to watch YouTube videos on Doki Doki Literature Club. A fun video game for children, with only mild psychological horror!! 😁 (I think this poem can relate to both DEH and DDLC.)

Trigger Warnings:
-Mention of self-harm

Sometimes I wish I could be a box of Band-Aids.

I can cover up all of the angry red lines on your arms.

There would be no more need for long sleeve, grey hoodies, or toilet paper casts.

I would be the kind with super heroes and Disney princesses on them. So that every time you look down at my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle print, you will remember that you are strong and that you will get through that tiny injury that I am hiding; a scrape no doubt, yes that's probably it.

I will not be one of those tiny circular band-aids that only cover up paper cuts and bee stings.

But I will also not be a large bandage that conceals the good with the bad.
No, you will have to use one of me for each injury. This way people will be able to see the innumerable amount of me and count all of your, "accidents."
Sure I am not that economical, but I am cheaper than therapy and the medications you really should be getting. Or at the very least stitches, that would seal up your newly forming scars.

I would be the type with the soft padding in the form of small hexagons or octagons.

My adhesive wouldn't be that strong. You would have to replace me every few days once my sides started to peel up. You could remove me without feeling too much pain, and dispose of me into the nearest garbage can or empty pill container; whichever is more convenient for you.

I will do my best to protect your vulnerable flesh from any unwanted attention.

And when you decide to stop using me, if you decide to stop using me; I hope the scars will be faint and unrecognizable. But I can't make any promises.

I love that I can keep you hidden from undeserving eyes.

I just wish I could do the same for your emotions. But how do you patch up a broken heart with a box of band-aids?

You can't you can just try to repair the aftermath.

Thanks for reading!!

And remember kids...just Monika.