nineteen ➵ sunshine

Mulai dari awal

"There are plenty of fish in the sea," He said bluntly, "Kids these days."

"Yeah that!" Jimin exclaimed, "Thanks, taxi driver."

"The names Burt."

"B-Burt?" Jungkook asked and put his hand on his mouth to hold back his laugh.

"Are you a foreigner?" Hoseok asked, now forgetting about his misfortune with woman and intrigued with the conversation.

"Yes, I came from England to pursue my dreams to become a k-pop star," Burt turned around and Jimin hid his face in Yoongi's shoulder to muffle his laughs.

"You know you gotta be Korean for that?" Yoongi asked, his face red as he was trying to keep a straight face and not burst our laughing.

Burt nodded, "I have Korean ancestors."

"Aigoo," Hoseok sighed but then leaned forward in wonder, "So how will you become a k-pop star?"

Burt parked the car down an unused road and turned around, all the boys leaning in to hear Burt's plan.

"First, get a lot of money from taxi driving," Burt held up one finger and everyone nodded in unison, "With that money, go and buy expensive clothes," Burt's second finger went up, "Then go to a company and perform my song and dance," His last finger went up and the boy's clapped to Burt's fantastic method.

"But," Yoongi stopped the cheer, "What if it doesn't work?"

"The song and dance?" Burt asked and they all nodded.

"Well," Burt had a smug look on his face, "I'm not ready to be a solo K-pop star, so I'm going to be in a band. Together, when we perform, the audience doesn't catch the mistakes."

"A band? How many members?" Jimin was eager to know and Burt held up seven fingers.

"Including myself, that's seven."

"That's a lot of members," Hoseok was impressed as well as the other boys.

"What can I say?" Burt shrugged, "I have an eye for talent."

The boys weren't going to tell Burt he was going to fail the part of being a successful K-idol. He was a good guy and they didn't want to break that kind of news to the man with a bloated stomach, broken Korean and bold spots.

"I went to try out once," Jungkook said and all attention turned to him.

"You did?" Jimin titled his head and Jungkook nodded.

"I went to BigHit, but it was all to much for me," Jungkook said, "It's why I have a lot of respect for trainees, so, good luck Burt."

Burt nodded in appreciation, "Thank you..."

"Jungkook," Jungkook quickly said, "That's Hoseok, Jimin and Yoongi."

They all bowed as their names were called.

"We use the taxi a lot, so we hope to see you again," Jimin said once they realised they were at their stop, all of them began to pile out.

"Oh you'll see me alright!" Burt exclaimed, "On the Billboards, baby!"

They all laughed as they waved him off, watching Burt drive off into the sunset - also known as the polluted streets of South Korea.

"Ah, good guy, big dreams," Yoongi happily sighed, shoving his hands in his pockets.

Jimin hummed in agreement, "He really deserves to be a star, what if he does become one?"

Hoseok skipped after the couple, "Let's just hope for the best."