"This was...our son's room." I replied quietly.

August nodded with a pained look.

Angel looked up from her doll and stared at August.

August immediately smiled as she reached her hands to him.

"Hey babygirl." He cooed, kissing her cheek.

She giggled and placed her hand on his face.

I smiled softly and turn edto go back downstairs when August called my name.

"There um...I'm assuming you and Nathan are sleeping together?"

I felt my face heat up with embarrassment.

"I'm actually no we're not, um, we don't..." I chuckled nervously.

"Sooo y'all not sleeping in the same room?" He raised an eyebrow.

OH

"Oh you mean..." I laughed. "I thought you meant were we sleeping together, as in sex."

August scrunched his face up.

"Why in the hel-heck," He glanced down at Angel. "Why the heck would I ask about y'all sex life. Ew."

I shrugged.

"Anyway, y'all room is right here." I followed him down the hallway until we reached a closed door.

He opened the door to reveal a large bedroom.

"Thank you August. And don't think I forgot you didn't tell me we were staying here." I narrowed my eyes at him, and he smirked.

"I probably shoulda asked before we got here but," He shrugged with one shoulder, Angel's head laying on the other, " I figured maybe you would take it easy on me, seeing as I just found out my mom is still alive."

He faked a shy face, to which I rolled my eyes.

"You won't be able to use that as an excuse forever. And you have a horrible sense of humor, who jokes about something like that!"

We shared a laugh, and he followed me back downstairs.

Nathan looked up from his place on the couch then turned back to the TV.

"Hey, Nate. Can I talk to ya for a minute? Won't take long."

Come again.

Talk about what?

"Uh..." Nate glanced at me. "Yeah sure."

August nodded and stood Angel up on the carpet.

She immediately did her best to run to me and I took a seat beside the couch and sat her in my lap.

Nathan leaned down to peck my temple and mumbled, "I'll be good, I promise."

I grunted in response and he pecked my lips, then tickled Angel's belly before standing to follow August.