8. No Right

Hi everyone! Sorry its been two weeks, but I kept rewrriting this chapter over and over again (legit, I did.) *But this is my favorite chapter*

The first part is important but lacks extreme detail due to my abundence of excited for the second part! This chapter deals heavily with eating disorders, depression, and is a turning point for the characters. This chapter includes cursing, and I did not dash them out because I wanted the impact. If you guys are super uncomfortable with the cursing, let me know and I'll take it out.

As a reader, reading through Reagan's point of view, you probably want to throw your phone against the wall--but you'll see what happens.

So,  here is the layout for the rest of the book. There will be two more chapter, one from Reagan's POV...and the other one from Ruby's. And there will be an epilogue. And just because I said one will be from Ruby, in no way means that it will mean Reagan dies and Ruby remains...or does it? Haha.

Alright, without further adue.

8. No Right

I was getting hungry.

Hungry, tired, thirsty, and sleepy.

Not a good combination for driving.

I glanced over at Ruby who was laying gracefully in the reclined seat, her feet placed on the dashboard, and the blanket wrapped around her.

But she wasn't asleep; I knew she wasn't. Her breath was constant, her eyes open, and of course the mumbling of a song I couldn't make out.

"Ruby," I whispered gently, feeling awful for asking and interrupting her sleep.

"Ya?" she mumbled, still in her relaxed position.

"Are the chips still there?" I asked, giving a head nod to the bag with the soup, jumbo bag of Doritos and gum.

"Mhm," she hummed, retracting her legs and leaning forward to reach the bag.

I watched her lean; she did it was such grace, delicacy, half asleep she seemed so innocent. Innocent. I knew she was anything but innocent.

She looked a bit uneasy as she pulled out the bag of Doritos.

"Spicy Doritos?" she said, casually, but the let the last part slip out "those are my favorite!"

At first, I frowned because I hated anything spicy and must have grabbed the wrong bag in haste. That was frustrating.

I groaned, "I meant to get regular."

But I found a daring way to settle this scenario.

"You can have them. There should also be some soup in there!" I said, gleefully, trying to hide inconspicuously from my voice.

She eyes it, almost brutally, fiddling with the edges of the jumbo bag.

"No," she said terse, yet still did not release the bag.

"I won't eat it, Ruby," I commented, reassure her that it was fine. Her stomach grumbled in response.

She felt the growl too, yet made no indication that it made her uncomfortable.

"Fine," she hissed as if I were the enemy, the villain making her eat the bag.

And maybe I was trying to.

Handing me the soup, I placed it in my cup holder, stopping the car every few feet to take a sip of the cold noodle soup.

After several gulps, I still did not hear the sound of crumpling bags and munching chips.