The Ghost Prince

UNEDITED

Song JI

"I don't mean to sound ungrateful sir, but placing me with the Crowned Prince is basically throwing me to the lions," She whispered as they hurried towards Prince Chang Min's quarters. Everything there looked grand and immaculate as if even a speck was too afraid to ruin its polished perfection.  There were servants and guards wandering the large mahogany halls, too occupied to listened to their conversation while Song Ji kept her eyes glued to the floor, following Byhung ho's large, uneven footsteps.

He sighed in exasperations," Putting you in the kitchen set off suspicious which you can blame your tolerable appearance for, and the safest, least skeptical place would be the most guarded position: beside the Crowned Prince. Only the most trustworthy and loyal servants works in his quarter, no one would be doubtful if you worked for the prince."

She bit the inside of her cheeks, not really reassured. Byhung Ho's plan made complete sense to her but on the other side, fate was never a friend of logic, probability, and especially Jeon Song Ji. 

"You would be the person to rouse him up in the morning, help him with breakfast, and assist him as he wishes throughout the day. You should never walk beside the prince but after him with your head low and mouth shut unless asked a question. You will memorized his scheduled and bring him there on time."

Song Ji quirked her eyebrows in confusion and blurted," He's at least two years older than I am, why would he need a nanny?" 

She thought the old eunuch would be angered and send her away, but instead he chuckled to himself," Yes, it's like asking a horse to take care of a dog. Trust me darling, he will pretend to hate your assistance but secretly I believe he will enjoy your company." 

"You know him quite will don't you, sir?" 

Byhung Ho nodded, the affection evident in his eyes," He's a good man. "

Song Ji smiled, recalling the secret moment in the midst of the garden maze where the girl met the prince for the first time with twigs in her hair and couldn't keep her mouth shut long enough for his company. He spoke to Song Ji , or more accurately Lady Yin Jidam so formally, it felt as if he was reading a invisible script written by a machine. Yet those vulnerable eyes behind the raven mask told a completely different story, and for a minute, Song Ji believe the sincerity in Byhung Ho's words as if almost all of her doubts about Prince Chang Min had vanished. 

After a few more minutes of rapid scurrying, Byhung Ho ultimately stopped at a large set of double doors carved with intricate designs and a golden rectangular door nob. She felt like an ant standing next to it. Song Ji held her breath as two guards stepped forward to open the massive doors for the pair, and without hesitation Byhung Ho walked right in. The girl straighten her slouched shoulder and feign confidence like her superior although she thought pointless since everybody could see that she did not belong here. 

"Your Highness?" Byhung Ho said to empty room. 

The hollow room was spacious enough for even his voice to echo. Well the room wasn't empty, it just felt unused. As if all the lavish chairs have never been sat on, or the empty table adorned with a ancient vase was completely cast-off. There was also a tray of pastries and cold tea waiting on the nightstand beside the already made bed. The room had no trace of inhabitance or gave off any possible clues about its owners. It was as if the Crowned Prince who lived here was a ghost. 

Byhung let out another exasperated sigh as if heaving out all the air in his lungs," I'll go check in the gardens and you will go to the library," He order then muttered to himself," It's the Ladies introduction today, of course he would try to hide."