Chapter 10 - Phase Two

Rogue was scanning the offices with her hand held sonar. If Belial was in the office already, their entire plan was blown to shreds. Please don't be in there. The scan finished and showed that it was clear. Rogue released her lip from her teeth and sighed in relief. She slipped into the General's office, setting up the beacon, her job was to get Belial and the remaining Daemoniums to the office.

"In position," she stated over the comms link.

"Wait for backup Rogue; I'll be there soon. ETA five minutes," Jon replied. Rogue cracked open the safe in the office and pulled out a large pulse gun, the sort normally mounted on starfighters.

"Cool." She grinned, "This could be useful." She quickly set it up to face the doorway. Pulse guns had enough power to shoot three blasts a second. It would certainly be a good deterrence to stop any Daemoniums from hurting her while the reinforcements arrived.

Jon burst through the door a minute later, and Rogue nearly shot him in surprise. She only just caught her finger before she pressed the trigger.

"Give a little warning next time," Rogue told Jon angrily.

He gave her a look, "Start the beacon," he ordered without replying. She pressed the button that would send out a signal attracting the Daemoniums to the office. Jon looked at the pulse gun set up and asked, "What's with the gun?"

"I just found it in the safe and thought it would be a good weapon for us to use in case more come than we could normally handle," Rogue replied with a shrug, leaning against the desk behind the gun. Her hand was lightly resting on the trigger.

"Fair enough." Jon moved to stand next to her. Jon tapped into his comms link and asked, "Unit Bravo and Sam, where are we?"

"Just arrived to help Unit Bravo, Alpha, we should be there in twenty minutes with reinforcements," Sam replied for all of them.

"What about the others? Any news?" Jon asked as Rogue's sonar picked up life forms moving towards the office.

"They'll be there," Sam replied, trying to mask his uncertainty.

Rogue rested her hand on the gun and muttered, "They better be." Jon nodded in agreement. The sensor had picked up over two hundred signals nearing them. They heard a murmur of footsteps and voices then the door opened.

Benny, Scarlett and Sam had opened enough cells to have a small force, while other freed prisoners continued to work on opening more cells. Benny faced the assembled force. "This is a rescue. Sort of... Anyway, we need you to fight and neutralise any Daemonium in this Base. Have fun." The humans heard the command and complied with it eagerly. Many started leaving the prison block and heading out to find more Daemoniums throughout the base, and a riot began. The Daemonium guards suddenly found themselves under the attack of over sixty furious human warriors.

"Have fun?" Sam asked Benny.

Benny simply shrugged, "I didn't know what to say." Sam shook his head in disbelief.

"Guys." Scarlett interrupted, and into the comms link she reported, "This is Unit Bravo, riot underway. We are coming to help you. ETA five minutes." They hurried out of the control room, having to fight their way through a crowd down one hallway but then they ducked into a less well known hallway Rogue had shown them on the map. They sprinted towards the General's office.

Jon and Rogue had to ignore Scarlett because Belial and twenty Daemoniums had entered the room, all of them with oxygen providers in one corner of their mouths. Belial pulled it out, "You two children again. You simply do not know when to give up, do you?"