Chapter 12: Things that Surround You

CHAPTER 12: THINGS THAT SURROUND YOU

QUOTE OF THE CHAPTER: "The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little ways, every day." - David Foster Wallace

* P L A Y S O N G *

"Wow. Just wow. Never expected that kind of plot to even happen," Mei exclaimed as she sipped her honey-flavored tea. For the first time in her life, she never imagined his big idiotic stupid but deliberative brother to be so heroic and more of a gentleman in his childhood days. Like how a handsome prince rescues his beautiful beloved princess from the snares of the greed villains and selfish, anguish enemies like what they've seen in fairy tale stories.

Laureen on the other hand, had her jaw dropped to the hard table as she heard her sister's wonderful and romantic story. She can't believe Jessie's story of how she fell in love to be so--melodramatic. "Like a ferocious tiger rescuing a cute harmless little cat from a pack of wolves," she commented as she positioned both of her hands just below her neck, fantasizing different love stories in her mind.

"Stop comparing it to a simple petty childish fables!" Jessie screeched out, embarrassed and humiliated at the same time. She sure made a really big mistake on even telling them. Knowing these two, their mouth are like machine guns that keeps on blabbering nonsense. Jessie looked at the two girls who were whispering on each other to which the topic Jessie don't have any clue what's it about for God knows why. She sighed heavily.

"What am I going to do now? Oh my freaking glob! I need air!" Jessie squeaked in her mind, her sweat drooling from her wide forehead down to her tan-skinned neckline.

At approximately 6:00 pm, the teens immediately decided to go out shopping located just near the cafe they just hanged out awhile ago. The girls were screaming happily inside their minds as each step they took towards their destination. Since the last time they gone out shopping, the boys ended up ruining the whole day by ditching the poor, clueless girls and leaving them hanging in the air (Chapter 6). The girls even scoured the whole vast building just to catch a glimpse of the moron trio, only to find out they were just having fun in the arcade section, much to the girls' determined effort and dismay. But today's different. The boys aren't around to ruin their mood once again and they can have all the fun they could possibly have.

The three BFFs hurriedly rushed towards their favorite shops and stores and immediately snatched off from the rack of dresses their favorite clothing to buy. Afterwards, they instantly entered one cubicle of change room to test and see of the dresses they've chosen look good for them to use. After a few minutes, the three came out of their respected rooms or cubicles with their new dresses in unison. Mei was wearing a strapless dark blue dress though she covered her arms with a cardigan that has long sleeves paired with dark heels, being a conservative woman as she was, her taste in dresses also matters. Jessie was looking good in her red strapless dress. Laureen was smiling happily with her hands on her hips, wearing a purple-strapped dress paired with violet heels. The length of the skirt was not that long so it exposed her creamy and pure white skin like pearl and even improved her luscious body's dynamic curves.

"Wow!! You look good, Mei!"

"Perfect for your looks, Jessie!"

"Holy s***!! Are you Laureen?!" the two shrieked out of speechlessness and finding it completely unbelievable. It was the first time seeing Laureen, wearing a dress with a skirt almost above the knee, to which they sometimes called, daring. Laureen just turned red as a tomato and just gazed at the furnished floor timidly. Hearing her friends complementing her appearance embarrasses and flatters her as well.