Chapter 14: Most-awaited Revelation

CHAPTER 14: MOST-AWAITED REVELATION

QUOTE OF THE CHAPTER: "We pass through the present with our eyes blindfolded. We are permitted merely to sense and guess at what we are actually experiencing. Only later when the cloth is untied can we glance at the past and find out what we have experienced and what meaning it has." - Milan Kundera

Jeffrey stared at her with his mouth wide opened and his eyes stunned like giant wheels. Who would have thought that Laureen had such wonderful talent in singing? Even in their childhood times, he, as well as his friends, never noticed this beautiful friend of theirs to have any interest in music.

"Is this really Laureen?" Jeffrey whispered to himself, finding it very unusual.

After a few moments, Laureen got down from the stage and bowed in front of the judges. The crowd gave her a big round of applause and even a standing ovation. Truly, Laureen had a very great talent.

"What a very astonishing and amazing talent!" Ma'am Elizabeth, the Music Club Moderator, cheerfully shrieked out of cheerfulness. This was the first time she ever saw a magnificent performance like this. She never thought that a student who had the talent she looked for has been in this school all along. "What's your name?" one of the judges asked curiously.

Laureen took a deep breath. "This is it, girl," Inner Laureen chided happily. Laureen sighed heavily and said: "It's Laureen," She never expected that she would receive plenty of commends and kudos from these many people.

The judges smiled. "What a wonderful name. It suits you," Ma'am Elizabeth flattered, making Laureen blush. It seems like Laureen managed to bloom from a cute, small seed into a blossoming blossom. "Thank you," Laureen replied after smiling genuinely.

With that, Laureen timidly left the stadium, bringing with her the hope of being one of the Music Club's members. That was when she suddenly bumped into something... hard. "Ouch!" she squealed as she was forced to sit on the ground because of the mighty impact. "I'm sorry,"

Laureen looked up to the person's face, and guess what? It was Jeffrey once again. "Why is it that whenever I bump into someone, it is always you that shows up?" Laureen asked curiously, pondering about her current situation as she was still on the ground, sitting uncomfortably. "I don't know," Jeffrey responded as he aided Laureen in standing up from her current position.

"We don't need any proof about this, girl. The answer is just right ahead of you!" Inner Laureen bumped in, acting like a genius philosopher.

"Don't speak stupid," Laureen shut her subconscious up.

Laureen managed to stand up through Jeffrey's unending hospitality. She used her bare hands to took off the dust that sticked on her school uniform due to the accident awhile ago. "Anyway, I saw you at the Music Club awhile ago. Was it really you who sang that mesmerizing and beautiful song?" Jeffrey asked our of curiosity, trying to take a grip of the things around him. After witnessing your secret crush perform something like that, who wouldn't be captivated by such fascinating voice?

Laureen's eyes widened in an instant. Her heartbeat speeding up its pace. She was sure that none of her collegues had witnessed her performance. Because if ever that happened, she would really walk out of embarrassment. "W-What are y-you talking a-about?" she said, trying to act like she didn't knew anything, but her nervousness has been reaching its peak.

"Oh, c'mon! Don't be such a guppy! I totally knew that you're the one who performed back there," Jeffrey said, disregarding Laureen's obnoxious denial. Laureen sweat-dropped. Why can't this guy behave just for this moment? "Plus, I followed you ever since that Club Period started and stumbled upon the door to the School Stadium," he added, making Laureen speechless.