Chapter 3: Mei's Matchmaking

CHAPTER 3: MEI'S MATCHMAKING

QUOTE OF THE CHAPTER: "A woman knows the face of the man she loves as the sailor knows the open sea." - Honore de Balzac

Laureen and Jessie dashed to their classroom so as not to be late. Today is the day where their sleep-over bonding is gonna take over after class at their house together with their friends. They can't express their excitement and bliss for this event. A sleep-over with your friends is every high school girl could ever dream of.

Back in those days, Mei was always the one who plans, set up and organize their sleep-overs. She was good in formulating good ideas and activities for the certain event. On the other hand, Laureen and Jessie are the ones that invite those who want to join their sleep-over, their circle of friends in particular. She was also the one which is a buff when it comes to love problems. Love matters are Mei's strong points. You can say she's some sort of a veteran when it involves love relationships. Whenever you have problems that involves love, going to Mei for some advice is sure the best decision to make.

As soon as the two Hansons have arrived, Mei called them from behind for a short talkie-talk. Laureen contemplated what would Mei want to talk about.

"Mei, what do you want to talk about?" asked Laureen politely.

"Remember that time when we had a sleep-over at our house?" started Mei.

"Yeah! That pillow-fight battle we had there?" asked Jessie, trying to heat things up and disturb Mei.

"NO, That's not what I'm talking about. Will you please let me finish first?!" yammered Mei at Jessie due to her chagrin.

"Jessie did it,"

"I understand. Please proceed," Jessie said while frowning, humiliated by Mei's sudden reaction.

"Could you all still remember my matchmaking?" started Mei.

"That ridiculous pairing you've made back then?" asked Laureen out of curiosity. "Correction! It's not a ridiculous pairing. It is a plan towards the true love we all desire," Mei said proudly, full of confidence and pride. Mei can exaggerate things sometimes. Like I said, she is active when it comes to romance. You could say she's a love addict.

"I don't think I can still remember it," Jessie commented, puzzled.

"Then I guess, I'll just give you a recapitulation about what happened in that day in order for you two to remember." offered Mei.

"Please do!" Laureen petitioned.

The three girls got bored on their sleep-over bonding. They've already did all the games they know. Pillow fight, Hide-and-seek, Living in the shadows and Truth or Dare. But still, it wasn't good enough... Mr. Drowsiness didn't haven't visited them yet, and they still have plenty of time to spend to. They just couldn't accept the truth that they already got no more activities in their minds. It's the worst problem a sleep-over sometimes encounters. And that is, BOREDOM.

"Ugh!! This is the most boring sleep-over ever," howled Jessie, feeling bored.

"I agree!!" uttered Laureen, boredom took over her mind as well.

Silence filled the whole room. Boredom engulfed over the atmosphere. It was a boring bonding, really. It was 10:00 pm at Mei's house, the venue of their sleep-over. The room was so quiet that sometimes they thought they are already deaf. They were lying hopelessly on their sleeping bags, thinking of some activities that could be entertaining and amusing. A couple of minutes later, something just hit Mei's mind! A new idea, I guess. That was when Mei broke the harmony of silence and spoke out in a loud voice: "Hey girls!" this caught the two girls' attention.