Where Am I?

All I could see was blue and all I could hear was static like on a radio that can't reach a channel. I started to hear a couple of people arguing, 'who is that?' 'I know her! she is one of the generals in the empire' 'she doesn't look like a general' 'looks can be deceiving remember' 'I think we should kill her' 'no she could have valuable info-SHE WAKING UP!'. The first thing I see when opening my eyes is two teenagers that look like Lily and Zack, the little girl and a man who looks like the cheerful janitor in my high school but what the oddest thing is the fact the all point weapons at me apart from the kid.

"Lily...Zack, what the hell?" I say in a gravelly voice while trying to stand up avoiding the weapons in the process, "FIRST OFF our names are LILA AND JACK also you will surrender if you know what good for you" yelled the lookalike, Lily, pointing a sword at me. "OK, first off why would I surrender to you when I have done nothing wrong and secondly I don't even know where I am?" I replied looking around to see a wasteland of a city. "You are a member of the empire, therefore an enemy and you are in anchor city or what left of it, general Faye Steel," the janitor lookalike said who was glaring daggers at me, "well my name is Frankie Steel and I was just walking back from school when I saw the kid getting attacked so I help her and when the girl was running into that portal thing I decide to follow her also I have no idea what this 'empire' is and I'm nowhere near a general" after I said that, they were quite.

That was until the kid spoke up "She saying the truth when I ran into the portal it was like another world, there was no wasteland at all and she did protect me from that guard" smiling at me as if it was to say 'thank you for saving me'. The janitor lookalike pondered it for a second then announce "she might be telling the truth or could be lying, either way, we should let the rest of the camp decide" while walking to what looked like a black BMW and opened the driver's door. "Are you lot coming or not?" he said from inside the car, the girl sat in the passenger seat while Jack sat in the back and Lila told me to sit in between them in the back and also told me to give them my bag so they could look through it. Although I was a bit cautious, I decided to give it so I wouldn't stab a sword.

Lila describe what was in my bag, "there is a laptop, phone, headphones, hairbrush, glasses, school books, a battery pack, notebook, toilet bag, a pencil case as well as what looks like a strange journal" they all look at me with a confused faces when Lila mention the journal. "um...that was my grandfather journal that has old plans for his inventions also I have the key that can open it" I say nervously looking at my feet, "well at lest we know if you are innocent, you could be a mechanic  for us" the janitor lookalike (that I learned name was rust, I think it's a nickname) said while laughing in a deep voice and after that everyone was silent until we arrived at an edge of the forest.