Ch 39: ASR, one look is enough

Kiran signed the final file and gave it to her secretary who passed her a stack of invitation cards with different designs. Adiraj was handling the birthday party but he had asked her input in each and everything. She looked at the designs and then, selected the one she liked and gave it to secretary to send it back home.

Her mobile rang, it was Rahul, and he wanted to meet her. She looked at time, she hadn't spoken to him since the day he had told her to take Adiraj off the life support. She told him that if he could come to her office, they could have evening tea together.

He was there on time. He looked a bit agitated. After greetings, they both sat down quietly. He asked about few of the projects, She replied briefly. His eyes seemed almost hostile when he looked at her. She waited for him to let it out. Finally he asked,'' Did you do it? Did you took him off machines?''

She nodded in affirmative,'' He is no longer on them.''

His face literally blackened in a single moment. He whispered,'' He is gone? But you didn't even inform me! When did you do it?''

She thought back as she watched his face,and enjoyed his pain. His words had hurt her a lot that day. He was blaming her today for something which he had asked her to do,'' Why are you so interested suddenly? I don't remember you calling or coming to see him in this last year?''

Rahul ran a hand through his rapidly thinning hairs,'' I called you multiple times that day but you won't pick my calls. I came to your office but you had taken time off. Then, later I thought you wouldn't do it anyway. So, I let it go but...''

Kiran sipped her tea, maybe he was telling the truth. Not that it really could lower the heartache he had caused,'' but what now?'' She asked bluntly.

He looked at her,'' I heard rumours and I can see they are right. You....you seem different. Who is he?''

Amused she glanced at him,'' and who are you to ask me this question?''

Rahul,'' Kiran I have best wishes for you but you having someone in your life will have impact on Adiraj and digvijay. If you wish to move on, then give me Adiraj. I will take care of him.''

She looked at him quietly. Then, she reached out and turned the table over. Teapot, cups, plates shattered on floor. She sat back calmly as she stared at Rahul.

Suddenly, his eyes grew huge,'' he is awake, isn't he? Oh my god, he is awake. Kiran tell me he is awake.''

She got up and left without saying a single word to him. How dare he even suggest that she would ever let her Adiraj go. She was still mad when she reached home. She asked the gatekeepers to not let Rahul in.

Adiraj was lying on plush carpet on floor, listening to music. Digvijay was laid next to him doing homework. She came inside and laid down on top of him.

Adiraj opened his eyes at this and smiled, he moved his fingers through her hairs,'' What happened to my heart?''

She looked up, her eyes stormy with anger,'' Can I kill Rahul?''

He thought about it,'' As you wish. '

She laid her head back on his chest,'' he is so bad Adiraj, I hate him.''

Adiraj's eyes turned deadly,'' what did he do?''

She looked back at him, noticing his tone, she sighed,'' Just punch him when he manages to bully the gatekeepers in letting him inside.''

Adiraj picked up his phone,'' If you don't want, he won't enter this house ever.''

She took the phone from him,'' He was the one who supported and helped me when your dad died. Without him, I couldn't have countered the political clout some other board members carried. I will be forever grateful to him for that. He secured digvijay's future.''