Ch 17: I am most important to you

ch 17

Kiran got a call from Abhijeet when she got back on campus next morning. She looked at time, it was better to have a quick chat with abhijeet and then, she will go to Adiraj. She texted Adiraj that she was back and she will meet him an hour later.

Quickly she went toward the cafe. Abhijeet was already sitting on a table alone having breakfast, she slid the chair back and sat down,'' I am so sorry, this whole month I was not able to meet you.''

Abhijeet smiled,'' You don't need to explain, the news spread like wildfire that you and Adiraj are official.''

Kiran gave him a big grin,'' It was so unexpected.''

She told him everything, how he had come looking for her and then, he asked her to be his girlfriend.

Abhijeet,'' I am really happy for you but why did he suddenly changed his mind?'' It was a question she should have thought about but at that time, she was so happy, she just brushed it off,'' I don't care as long as he is in love with me.''

Abhijeet was silent for few moments, then despite himself he advised her,'' I know you really love him Kiran but be bit more cautious, okay...Adiraj...Adiraj he always gives weird vibes...he is very popular and well liked but really bad things happen to anyone who crosses him, there are too many coincidences, we in language department try to stay away from him.''

Kiran got angry,'' how dare you say this about Adiraj? Don't you think I would know him better than anyone? I have followed him for so long, I have been his friend and now girlfriend. People just make rumours because they are jealous. If you said anything bad about him I won't talk to you ever again.''

Abhijeet,'' I am your friend. Just don't get hurt and if you want I won't say anything but it's hard to digest all this, remember when aneeta threw water on you in club, he was there but he didn't say anything. It's just so hard to understand this transition.''

Kiran got up from chair,'' I will see you around.''

Abhijeet got up and sighed,'' Sorry, I won't say anything ever again. Please, sit down now. I have news to tell you.''

Kiran sat down,'' what news?''

Abhijeet,'' I have been selected for a language program abroad, full scholarship.''

Kiran was still angry at him for bad mouthing Adiraj but she knew abhijeet cared for her,'' That's great news...''

...

Adiraj paused at the entrance of cafe, his eyes taking in the scene in front of him. Abhijeet and Kiran were sitting in one corner chatting. He felt angry but he controlled himself and left the cafeteria.

...

Kiran entered Adiraj's flat, he was playing video game. She smiled and announced her presence,'' I am back.''

Adiraj paused the game and got up and pulled her in a hug,'' Welcome back. I missed you.''

Kiran put her head on his shoulder,'' not more than me. I have got good news for you.''

Adiraj pulled away and looked at her face,'' I am all ears.''

Kiran,'' dad agreed to meet you. If you are free then first Friday of next month, you can meet him.''

Adiraj nodded,'' anything else?''

Kiran frowned,'' Isn't this enough?''

Adiraj,'' I mean is there something else you need to tell me?''

Kiran looked at his face,'' what else? Nothing important has happened since I left you. I met dad last night, then came back today to campus, met Abhijeet and now I am here.''

Adiraj,'' You went to meet him before you came to see me?''

Kiran blinked in surprise,'' well, you know I was going to meet him yesterday but dad called and he was in cafe and I thought to see him quickly before I came here.''

Adiraj possessively tightened his hold on her waist and pulled her closer,'' I resent that, you should always come see me first. Anyone, anything can wait.''

It should have rung warning bells but she was so glad at that time that he felt possessive over her, raising on toes She kissed him on chin,'' I promise, it won't happen ever again.''

Adiraj moved his fingers through her open hairs,'' It won't happen.'' He would make sure it won't happen again, he told himself.

Adiraj,'' what did he say?'' he couldn't bring to say the name of the person or he would get angry. That man was a known womaniser on campus.

Kiran,'' he got a scholarship, he is going away after the exams next week.''

Adiraj thought the guy was lucky that he was going away or Adiraj would have had to do something to keep him away.

Adiraj,'' That's good news.''

Kiran nodded,'' Yes, now I have got exams coming but I feel like dropping out.''

Adiraj asked,'' You don't wish to complete your program?''

Kiran,'' I joined this university just for you, I am already proficient in English. I don't need this qualification.''

His anger gone, he pulled away and held her hand intertwining his fingers with hers as he led her to sofa,'' Good decision. I was the best thing to ever happen to you.''

Kiran probably should have been coy but she was so much in love that She said,'' You are right.''

His ego further soothed by her words, he pulled her in lap as they sat down on sofa,'' So, start from beginning, what your dad said?''

...