Ch 24: Thrown away

As she got back into her car, she got a call from the lawyer. Her father had been released and he had gone home.

Kiran clutched the steering wheel with pale hands, how would she face her father? How would he react once he find out that Adiraj had replaced him?

He may be able to get back his position but what about the reputation of her dad?

Now reflecting back in time, she never understood that why she went to her dad, he had always been a cold, sarcastic man. A man who was impossible to please but he was the only relation she had in this world, he was her family.

May be that's why she went to their family house. As she parked the car in drive way, her hands trembled. She was at fault, she had been blind in love and caused this shame to fall on her family and her dad.

But weirdly, she was not crying today. She felt numb, it was like all her emotions had been turned off.

Slowly she entered the main hall and after asking a servant walked into her dad's study.

He was standing with his back toward the door. A six feet tall, bulky man in his 50's. His hands in pocket, he looked at the pictures of his father, grandfather, great grandfather and the ones before him.

Kiran moved closer to him and put a hand on his shoulder. He shrugged it off, opened the whisky decanter and poured himself some in a glass.

Kiran moved back and stood near the opposite wall. She stood there waiting just like she did when she was a little girl and had refused to go back to her boarding school.

Narayan gulped the whisky down and filled another glass. Then, another and another.

May be an hour had passed or more when he spoke to her,'' get out of my house, you don't belong here.''

Kiran didn't say anything. Why the two men she loved most in the world were the most heartless people in world?

Narayan,'' I gave him a chance to come so close because of you. He had free rein to come and go as he pleased because of you. My board members voted for him today because of you. They think he is going to marry you.''

He turned and looked at her with eyes gone red with rage,'' You are on his side. Why pretend to be sad? You should be celebrating that your father became the joke of the day in front of whole world.''

Kiran looked up at him, her eyes pleading for understanding,'' I would never do this to you dad. I never thought...I care about you dad.'' She whispered.

Narayan hurled the glass he was holding toward her. It hit her on forehead and the force caused her to stumble and fell on the floor where the shards of glass pierced her arm. But she didn't feel any pain. She was in a daze. The warm blood tickled from the gash on her forehead down her face and on to her clothes.

Strong hands grabbed her uninjured arm and forced her to stand up.

Two pairs of similar eyes looked into each other. Then, the father grabbed the girl and forcefully took her out of the house. He threw her on the road,'' don't ever come back, you are not my daughter from this day.'

Kiran watched him go back. Her purse, her car keys were all inside the house. She sat on road with blood dripping from her wounds.

The watchman called a taxi and helped her inside.He didn't know what had happened but he had been working in this house for ages. He told the taxi driver to take Kiran to hospital.

...

Kiran got off the taxi when the taxi reached hospital. The driver asked for fare. Kiran dig into her clothes, luckily there were couple of thousand notes, she gave some to the driver and went inside.

...

Kiran sat in hospital bed, she had been treated and had paid the bills but now she didn't know where to go.

At admission time, she had been so light headed due to blood loss that she was not able to answer doctor's questions, now they tried to take her name down for records.

She looked at the doctor and lied or maybe  she said the truth that,'' I don't know who I am. I'm alone. I don't have anyone in the world.'

...

Kiran looked at her hands as she remembered that day, unconsciously one of hand raised touched the scar onher forehead. A reminder to herself, to not trust, to not love and to not care.