Chapter Ten

I hope you guys are enjoying the story. I'm like trying my hardest to make Leon, sound like Leon, ya know? Anyways, felt like posting another chapter. Enjoy! xD

---------------------

(Time Skip)

Sweat dripping down the side of my head. Gotta get away-- gotta get far from it as possible. I reached the top of the ladder, tripping over my feet. There were survivors up here seeking a safe area from the monster. I look behind me to see it jumping up to the second floor. Why is it coming after me!? All I did was put seven bullets into its gut and all it did was release out gas! What the hell!

(Y/n)- " Run! Get out of here!" I warn them but they were in a different state of mind to bother even listening to my warning. The growls follow shortly behind me, I made it to the other end of the second floor where there is no ladder but just a tall wooden decor. People froze in panic when the monster released its gas, infecting them. Damn it! It straightens out its back and waddles over in my direction.

(Leon)- " (Y/n)! Jump down!" I hear Leon below. I turn around to grip the edge, my foot barely touching the bottom. I looked down and ignored Leon... he's--I'm....way....way to high.

(Leon)- " Watch out! " he shouted below. I look to see the creature right new my hands. It moans and bends its spine backward to release its gas-- I gasp letting go falling to the bottom. I'm going to be really hurt and possibly something broken. I shut my eyes to wait for my life to come to an end. My body landed on a flat hard surface, but fell back with sort of a soft landing.

(Leon)- " Grr--" he grunted. He fell back by catching me. My head laid back on his shoulder, my back pressed to his torso.

(Y/n)- " Aghh-- thanks for the soft landing" I rolled off of him. He leaned up and stuck his thumb out that he was okay too. I couldn't help but smile but it quickly faded when the monster shrieked.

(Helena)- " Guys! A little help here!" Helena called out. We got up to help Helena bring down the infected. We move away once the monster jumped down to catch up to us. No matter how many shots the three of us fired at it--it won't go down! I'm running out of ammo again. I look around to see nothing but infected, no survivors. God damn it! Everyone keeps dying! I felt a bit of heat build up inside me. There, I saw something that caught my attention. It looks like a grenade or some sort. Thats gotta do something to it. I departed away from Leon and Helena, they didn't seem to notice. I ran straight towards the thing-- I know not to breathe in the gas. So don't breathe! I grabbed the red grenade from the wooden bench and pulled the pin, from there I tossed it towards the creature and watch it burn in flames. The screeches it made, sounded like it was screaming for help. The creature falls back, back hitting the floor. It twitches and its stomach pulses.

I stepped back as far as possible. The gas releases out of the body and lies there dead. Finally...anymore creatures that would like to come out now?! I've had enough of them. I inched closer to the thing...hopefully it's dead.

(Leon)- " Don't get too close" he appears behind me along with Helena. I saw something next to its burnt body. I quickly picked it up and glanced at it. It looked like a key card? For what? I turn to face them both to show them. He takes it from my fingertips and looks to Helena and I.

(Leon)- "Ready?"

(Y/n)- " Yeah?" 

(Time Skip)

There was a red door just up ahead of us. Leon opens it to reveal nothing but an open space, a lonely chair, and a puddle of water. Helena squeezes passed me to view the lonely chair.