Chapter Five

(Time Skip)

We make our way back to the locked gate...what kind of campus has this type of gate around? What are they trying to keep out? or keep in? it's students? Leon walks back with the key we managed to find to get the door open. He passes Helena and I and unlocked the gate. We pass through to get to the other side, nothing but metal detectors archways. 

(Helena)- " We have to keep moving.." she spoke while looking behind her shoulder, the gate closes and incomes more infected sticking through arms through the gaps. Looking at each of their faces...these were probably students here. An alarm sets off-- causing me to look up at the red flashing lights. I look back to view Leon being the cause of the alarm.

(Leon)- " Shoulda known better..." Helena takes lead, there were a few infected in here..but they were slow to catch up to us.

(Y/n)- " My car is just right around the corner.." I move  a few strands of my hair out of the way. I look to the both of them...Helena nods, my eye catches Leon's blue eyes for a second. I couldn't look away, they were such a nice sight to see. I blink repeatedly to stop myself from the trance they're putting me under. I look to the detailing of the wood on the door for a moment before looking back to Leon.

(Leon)- " Ready?"

(Y/n)- " You driving?"

(Leon)- "You got the keys?" he smirked. I pat my pant pockets--only to feel nothing but the outline. Ahh shit... where did I put the keys?!

(Y/n)- "Shit... It's probably in the car" I really hope it is..if not were in deep trouble when the infected start backing us into a corner.

(Leon)- " Let's find out"

(Y/n)- " Shotgun." I said under my breathe. He did a single scoff. He pushed the doors open.. He knocks back a couple of infected off their feet. The three of us started sprinting down to get to the car.

(Y/n)- "Take a right up ahead!" I yelled. Once we reached the metal barricade I place my right palm onto the rim, I push myself off to lift my feet off and jump right over. From the corner of my eye, Leon hopped over -- without fail. I had to slow down my pace, He almost crashed into me but he balanced his footing before he could. Helena hops over taking her time. I look down the direction were heading to..there it is.

(Y/n)- " Car's right there" we start to sprint down towards the car.. Running with all the energy I have in me. Leon reaches the driver side, I hopped onto the hood and slid my way over to the passenger side. I place my hand onto the handle and opening it up...sometimes forgetting is a good thing, specially like situations like this. We all get inside with Helena in the back seat. Infected start to crowd around the car-- making it shift side to side. They snarl-- and moan-- scratching at the windows--trying to get to us. My heart starts to race-- the cars not reinforced for this kind of situation!

(Helena)-" Where did you put those keys?!" she leans on my seat trying to search. Leon looks around as well.

(Y/n)- "I'm looking!" my hands start to tremble.

(Leon)- " How about the glove compartment?" he leans over close to me to check the case-- but no luck. An infected bursted through the driver side window-- grasping onto Leon's jacket--trying to pull him out. I aimed my gun right at it-- but Leon and it kept shifting around. I inch my finger closer to the trigger. I pulled it down and see my gun recoil...the bullet digs into the infects skull and making it lean over inside the car. Leon pushes it off and looks back to him.It then hit me, I know where I last placed the keys! I reached over to him, slightly leaning on his lap. I reached for the visor and pulled it down to reveal the keys! I grab them and start up the car.