Chapter Nine

(Time Skip)

Leon inserts the key from the dog we chased. Even the infection mutated the animals....my cat, he's probably gone too. The gate squeaks open...annoying my nerves.

(Leon)- "Okay, we're in." lightening struck  a tree-- blinding us all. Helena and I take a step back-- covering our eyes. Once the flash was gone, Leon was over the edge fighting back with a rotting corpse.

(Y/n)- " Leon!" I shout for him. I rush to the edge where he fell, no scratch on him.

(Helena)- "Leon, are you alright?" she presses into her ear. I faintly hear him respond back. He's all right....thank god.

(Helena)- " You never know. Meet us at the cathedral. Come on, we'll meet him there" she spoke to me after she removed her finger from her earpiece.

(Y/n)- " Yeah.." I follow beside Helena. As we walk through further into the cemetery...these big..mausoleums, were giving me the chills. I look further down the stone path....it might lead to no where...

(Helena)- " Hey." she got my attention.

(Y/n)- " Hmm? " I moaned.

(Helena)- " You and Leon seem pretty close.." my eyes widen at her words. Leon and I? Er-- I don't know what to say.

(Y/n)- " Close? Uh--were just old friends...that's it." I stuttered, not knowing how to word it to her. It's true, were old friends....friends? Is he really a friend? He was just the government agent who brought me back home from the crazy cult group.

(Helena)- " I see, so I looked into him.....he rescued you and the presidents daughter in 04, right?"

(Y/n)- " Yeah" what's with these questions? Why is she asking me about Leon? She stopped with the questions, that was....odd. But I have one for her.

(Y/n)- " Why are you so persitant on going to the church?" she stops walking, foot scrapping some rumble.

(Helena)- " There's something I need to show Leon. Something important." she turns around to face me.

(Y/n)- " Why can't you just tell him?"

(Helena)- " You wouldn't understand, you're just a civilian cop." she triggered something in me, just a cop? I wanted to show her off-- yell at her, but that would't do anything.Now's not the time.

(Y/n)- " Whatever you have to show Leon....it better be worth it. I didn't come all this way just to lose my friend so you could come here and confess your sins." I walked passed her taking the lead. I take a few steps before I came to a sudden stop. There ahead was one of those-- shrieker things. Its chest pulsing and whatever was filling inside its sack-- it was ready to pop! I covered my ears in time when it let out a scream. I aim my pistol high at it-- but it ran away. What?! It's running away---from us?! We follow it as it leads us down a long stone pathway. Hey! Were over here! Where the hell are you going?!

(Helena)- " (Y/n)-- slow down!" I hear her in the back. I chase the shrieker down till it stopped there at the end of the path was Leon--staring it down. The shrieker yell out a howl-- I cover my ears but it was too late, all my senses were scrambling. Leon raises his arm and pops the bright red sack of the shrieker, causing it to drop to its knees to scream. Once it disappeared Leon stepped towards me, stopping just a few steps away.

(Leon)- " Man, you're a sight for sore eyes" he faintly chuckles.

(Y/n)- "Can say the same to you." My eyes stare into his. He seems unharmed, which is good. I sigh in relief at the sight of him.