The Locker Room: Chapter Thirty-Seven

Start from the beginning

            In the living room were a bunch of people dancing and in the kitchen I could hear very loud people talking. In the dining room, I could hear a game of beer pong going on. I turned to go into the kitchen; I bet Jenny was in there. Well, at least that’s where I would start.

             I walked in and I noticed that Jenny wasn’t in the kitchen. I was about to turn around when somebody called my name. I turned back around slowly when I saw brown hair, blue eyes, and a smirk. That could only be one person – Jace. I cursed under my breath, but I put a smile on my face.

            “So Audrey what are you doing here?” asked Jace. Personally, I thought Jace would be the type of guy to be playing beer pong right now. But instead he was in the kitchen getting a beer. I had such great luck, not.

            “Jenny,” I said. He nodded his head like he understood. “Do you know where she is?”

           “My guess is that she is either playing beer pong or she’s on the dance floor,” said Jace, and then he shrugged.

            “Okay, cool, thanks,” I said, and I turned around to go look in the living room. I could deal with dancing people. I couldn’t deal with people screaming, trying to win beer pong just yet. I turned around to make sure that Jace wasn’t following and to my luck he wasn’t. Thank god. I would never be able to handle him for very long.

            As I reached the living room, I looked around. It was a big crowd dancing, and if I knew Jenny she would be in the middle of the crowd. How the hell was I supposed to get in the middle?

            “Audrey?” side a male’s voice behind me. I turned around and Kane was behind me. I gave him a small smile.

            “Hey do you know where Jenny is?” I asked.

            “She made you come didn’t she?” asked Kane. He moved closer to me, that way we could hear each other better. I nodded. “Well, last time I saw her she was in the middle of the dance floor grinding up against my best friend.”

            “Not a sight you wanted to see, huh?” I asked with a huge smile on my face. Kane shook his head.

            “No, not at all. I’m going to have nightmares from it,” said Kane.

            “Sorry. Do you by any chance have any suggestions to reaching Jenny who is probably in the middle of the dance floor?” I asked. Kane laughed.

            “The easiest way? To grab some person and start dancing,” said Kane. I grimaced, I totally didn’t want to dance with some random drunken dude.

            “Kane? You up for a game of beer pong?” yelled some dude who was behind us. Kane looked behind him.

            “Hell yeah. I’ll be right there!” yelled Kane back at the guy. The mystery guy nodded and turned back around walking towards the dining room. Kane turned to me and gave me a smirk. “Good luck getting to Jenny. She’s drunk, by the way.”

            And with that Kane turned around and he headed the same way as the mystery guy. I sighed; I did not come here to dance my ass off. I came here to see Jenny and then hopefully disappear. Maybe even slip out and go back home, before she noticed.

            I knew Jenny would be pissed if I didn’t say hi to her, and it would be hard explaining to her I did really show up. She’s just too busy grinding against her boyfriend to notice me, anyways. But then again I could just convince her that she was too drunk to remember me saying hi. I sighed, and I turned around to go home, when I bumped into a hard chest. I backed up and looked up to see the person I bumped into. My luck was plumbing again, because it was the one and only – Jace.

            “Audrey! I’m glad I found you; I was just looking for you in fact. Let’s dance,” said Jace.

            Before I could say no, he grabbed my wrist and dragged in onto the dance floor. He started dancing, and I had no choice but to dance. I had a slight frown on my face, but Jace didn’t either notice or he didn’t care.

            “Audrey, you have to turn that frown upside down,” said Jace in my ear. I shuddered. Not only did I catch a sniff of his breath – beer – but he also got that much closer.

            “I can do whatever I want,” I said.

            “I can make that frown into a smile,” said Jace.

Yeah, right. Before I could come up with a comeback, Jace smashed his lips onto mine. I tasted beer on my lips; did I mention I hated the taste of beer? I pushed Jace back, as soon as I could. I whipped my mouth, and gagged. I swear I was going to kill Jace. He looked hurt, but I gave him a dirty look.

            I quickly walked out of the living room, without looking back. Jace had no right to kiss me! Like that was going to make my frown turn upside down more like he made it more into a frown. I reached the door and I opened it and slammed it once I was outside. I knew with the music as loud as it was, nobody would really hear it.

            I started walking towards my house, having one thought on my mind the whole way home.

            Jace stole my first kiss. Asshole.