The Locker Room: Chapter Seventeen: Picture of Cover

A/N:

Surprise! I was going to post this on Thursday, but I got lucky and finished it early. It also helped that my story got about 1,000 reads, a ton of votes, a lot of people adding it to their libraries, three new fans, and a few comments. It really helped, and made my day soo much better. In my last message on my profile I said there was going to be a surprise. I changed some things around, so the surprise won't actually be until next chapter. I promise though it will be in that chapter.

Picture on the side is by: Sweetdreams31

The song is Price Tag by Jessie J ft. BOB. Love that song! Oh, and you will understand why I chose that song by the end of the chapter.

Comment, vote, and enjoy!

Chapter Seventeen

            " Come on Audrey," said Jenny. I frowned.

            It was Monday evening, and I was peacefully doing my homework when Telephone by Lady Gaga interrupted me. I knew it was my phone, so I checked the caller ID. It said it was Jenny. Not wanting to ignore my best friend, I decided to answer it. One of the worst mistakes in my life. Just kidding.

            Jenny wants me to go to the homecoming dance with her at the public school, but I said no. I said no for multiple reasons. Dancing isn't really my thing. I mean I know how, but not as good as some girls I guess. It was in less than a week, actually on Saturday, and I didn't have a dress. I would have four days to get ready for a huge dance. Besides for me to actually go I would need a date from the public school, and I already told Jenny that she couldn't be my date. That would just be totally awkward.

            "My final answer is no," I said in a firm voice.

            "Audrey, you have never been to a dance before! You have to experience at least once in your life, and this is your last chance," said Jenny. I sighed.

            "Even if I magically get a dress in four days, I still don't have a date," I said.

            "And you leave that to me," said Jenny. I laughed.

            "Jenny do you even have a date?" I asked.

            "Of course, I got asked out today. In the cutest way, too," she said.

            "By who and what way?" I asked. Jenny giggled.

            "Puzzle pieces, in each of my classes on my desks. And when I put them together –" started Jenny.

            "They asked homecoming," I finished.

            "Correct. Oh, and by Tyler," said Jenny. My mouth dropped. I have forgiven Tyler somewhat from saying those nasty things to me, but still I was shocked.

            "The Tyler I know?" I asked, to be sure.

            "Duh, Audrey. Don't tell me you couldn't see it at the zoo. He totally wanted to hold my hand, but I kept telling him no," said Jenny. "The look on his face, priceless." I laughed a little bit.

            "Sorry, I didn't notice," I said.

            "Hm...that's because you were too busy looking at the damn animals, and talking to Kane," said Jenny.

            "Hey, Jen? I have to go, you know I have a ton of homework," I said. I heard a long sigh on the other side of the phone.

            "Just to let you know, you are going to the homecoming dance with me even if I have to drag your ass all the way there. And don't worry about the date, I got it covered. As for the dress, dress shopping tomorrow. I'll pick you up at five," said Jenny. I then heard a click.