The Locker Room: Chapter Twenty: Picture of Cover

A/N:

So I know all of you people will like this chapter. XD That's why I stayed up pretty late finishing writing it and I also took a really late nap. I've been pretty busy with the holiday season and I'm glade its over. However, I don't want to go back to school. This is my THIRD and the last update I had to do over break. However, this chapter is long and it ends at a cliff hanger, so I might just get in another update before winter break ends.

The song on the side is: The Show Goes On by Lupe Faisco. The reason I chose this song is because whether Audrey stays at the dance or not it still will go on. That and their is another reason, but I don't want to give the chapter away. ;)

The cover is made by: amylivingmylife

Comment, vote, and enjoy!

Chapter Twenty

            Kane and I haven't said a word to each other since he told me he would drive us home. And that was five minutes ago. In that time I've been walking to his car, buckling my seatbelt, and waiting for Kane to get out of the school's parking lot.

            Let's face it; it was kind of an awkward silence.

            I reached over to turn on the radio, and so did Kane. Our hands hit each other before either of us could touch the power button. I removed my hand and let Kane hit the power button.

            "Sorry," I mumbled.

            "It's my fault," said Kane.

            Immediately, Katy Perry's voice filled up the car. I sighed. It was not going to be an awkward silence. Kane turned out of the parking lot, and I relaxed. I was going home. I should have been home this whole time, and not getting ready for this stupid dance. I lasted there for about an hour. I felt my phone vibrate, and I knew I was getting a call. It had to be Jenny.

            I pulled it out of my bra again and looked at the caller ID. It flashed Jenny's name, but I didn't want to talk to her at the moment. That would be extremely awkward since Kane was sitting right next to me. With out second guessing, I ignored her call.

            "Was that Jenny?" asked Kane.

            I jumped and then looked over at him. He had his eyes on the road with one hand on the steering wheel. He looked very relaxed and calm. However, I really wasn't.

            "Um...yeah," I said. Kane sighed.

            "Can you believe her? Tyler and Jenny I can't believe it. They are not well for each other. And Jenny got Jace to be your date. Now that is a bitch move," said Kane.

            I didn't want to take sides in this argument, but yet I did thought that Jenny picking Jace as my date wasn't the right choice.

            "Tyler asked Jenny out and she said yes. Besides Jace seemed like a nice guy," I said, defending Jenny. She was my best friend, I had to defend her. Kane was my best friend's brother I didn't need to defend him.

            "Jenny could have said no," said Kane. I laughed. Kane looked at me for a split second and then went back to watch the road.

            "So could have you," I said, raising my voice slightly.

            We weren't yelling or screaming at each other yet, but I knew we would get there pretty soon. I looked away from Kane and watched outside my window. I didn't want to talk to him anymore, if it was just going be a screaming fight. I heard Kane take a deep breath.