Seabrook | 1x01: Weekend Bliss, Prologue

PROLOGUE

Fade In

ADDISON (V.O.)
The Weekend. One of the best parts about living in Seabrook. On the weekdays, Seabrook is prim and proper, but the weekends are full of all types of crazy shenanigans.

Flatline

ADDISON (CONT'D)
Well as crazy as it gets here.

INT. ADDISON'S BEDROOM - NIGHTTIME

A normal teen girl's bedroom, with blue walls and fluorescent lights. Meet ADDISON (14) smart, beautiful, ambitious, talented, and optimistic. She combs out her white hair and sits on her bed.

BREE (O.S.)
Addie, do you have any extra hair scrunchies?

A female enters the bedroom from the adjoining bathroom. BREE (14), beautiful, smart, ambitious, kinda quirky, long dark hair, and a dazzling smile.

ADDISON
(Giggles)
Yeah of course, there are some in the cabinet by the bathtub.

BREE
(Nods and exits the bedroom)

ADDISON
You know, I still can't believe Zed and I have our first official date tomorrow. No wigs, no tampering with Z-bands, just the real me and him. Ah I'm so excited!

BREE
(Exits the bathroom)
Shh, Addie, it's late and your mom would freak if she heard us up this late. I still can't believe your mother is the mayor. I mean all this time I kept seeing her, and I thought she looked familiar, but I could not put my finger on where I saw her before.

ADDISON
(Laughs)
Don't feel too bad, if she wasn't my mom, I wouldn't remember who she was either. Her commercials are terrible most of the time. It's because her assistant convinces her to go conventional and cheesy, instead of creative and out of the box. Hey, you can come sit on the bed if you want to, you don't have to stand all the way over there.

BREE
(Smiles)
Oh, I know, I was only standing here while I tamed this wild mane.

ADDISON
I love your hair; the volume is amazing.

MISSY (O.S.)
Girls! Go to bed! It's still Friday night ya know!

The girls gasp and scurries into the bed, Bree sits up and turns the light out.

Fade Out