{14}

{14}

            “So I was thinking you should come over for movie night,” Bay said we walked down the hall towards our next class.

            “When is it?” I asked as I pushed past a group of sophomores who stood in the middle of the hall chatting. A fake blonde rolled her eye and mumbled a few words under her breath.

            “Tonight,” she replied as she shoved her brother out of her way as we ran into him. He laughed and called out after us which Bay returned with a simple hand wave.

            Her black and pink hair was pulled up in a high ponytail. Her bangs pinned back with a few bobby pins. “It’ll be fun!”

            “That’s what you said about Conrad’s party,”

            “But it was fun.” She laughed.

            “Do you remember any of it?” I asked as we entered our class a few minutes early and sat in our usual seats in the back.

            “A little,” she admitted. “But there won’t be any alcohol involved.” She vowed as she turned and faced me. “It’s just this thing we do every Wednesday night over at Conrad’s.”

            “Do you guys do everything over at Conrad’s?” I asked.

            Bay laughed and nodded, “Pretty much.”

            A few people walked in and took their seats.

            “So what movie are we watching?” I asked.

            “Well tonight we’re starting a series instead of a movie.”

            “So what series?” I asked with a quirked eyebrow.

            “Sons of Anarchy,” Bay smirked. “Charlie Hunnam is hella hot.”

            I snorted out in laughter and nodded my head in agreement.

            “Have you noticed Conrad looks a lot like him?” she asked. “I mean, Con’s basically a younger version.”

            I was about to reply when our teacher walked in and started talking about whatever topic we were learning today. As Bay turned in her seat and faced the front, I took a peek at the opposite side of the room.

            David sat behind Stephanie, his head propped up on his hand as he paid attention to whatever the teacher was saying. And as if he sensed that I was looking he turned his attention to me.

            Our gazes met and a small smile spread across his lips.

            I smiled back and looked back down to my journal that was flipped to a blank page.

            He didn’t seem mad about waking up this morning and not finding me lying next to him.

            But if there was one thing I knew about David was that he was good at pretending- much like I was.

++

            I sat between Bay and Viktor on Conrad’s couch. We were on episode eight of season one of Sons of Anarchy. It was three in the morning; Carrie was fast asleep as her head rested on her boyfriend’s lap, while Bay was curled up next to me, eyes glued to the TV. Conrad had left half an hour ago to change but hadn’t come back since.

            A part of me thought he left because he was tired of Bay constantly telling him that he looked like Charlie.

            Viktor lounged next to me, his right knee bumped into mine every so often. I couldn’t help but feel a tad bit awkward. Viktor wasn’t the nicest person to be around.

            He was cold and detached.

            “I need to use the bathroom,” I said as I stood up and fixed my shirt.

            “The bathroom in the hall is plugged,” Bay responded. “Mishap from the party.”

            I sighed, “So where am I supposed to pee?”

            “You could use mine,” Viktor spoke up without glancing up from the TV. “You know where its at don’t you?”

            I narrowed my eyes, “Yes, I do.” I replied as I stepped over his legs and started towards the stairs.

            Why was he such an ass?

++

            I was walking through Viktor’s room when I stepped on something and slipped. I cursed under my breath as I rolled onto my side and slid my hand on the floor until my hand came into contact with a cold bottle.

            Bringing it up to my face I inspected the bottle and suddenly the blood that ran through my veins turned into ice.

            It was a bottle of red spray paint.