Born in Winter. ( Part 7 )

Jeff must've fallen asleep again because the next thing he could remember was a cold hand on his shoulder that shook him awake, and he almost flew up, eyes wide as he was immediately held back by the restrains that held him to the bed, making him quickly stare up at the person who had wakened him, but he was quick to relax again as he met the familiar green eyes of his brother. " Fuck.. " he muttered, mentally admitting that he was startled as he gave his brother a look. Liu simply sighed and shook his head. " Calm down, brother. It's just me. " he muttered, rolling his eyes as he backed up a bit and let a pause for silence fall in.

" You must be hungry. " Liu said after a while, biting the inside of his cheek. His brother had indeed shredded a bit too much durning his years of being on the run and despite being quite muscular the bones stuck out underneath his skin, looking almost as if they were threatening to poke out any second.
Jeff watched his brother observe him, then he let his eyes trail to the ceiling, letting out a nervous little chuckle, not answering his question making Liu sigh again, nervously shifting his weight for a moment before he slowly walked closer to Jeff, clearing his throat. " I'm going to release you. If you attempt to run I'll shoot you again and call the cops. " he said strictly, staring him straight in the eyes. " I made dinner, I want you to join me in the kitchen. Alright? " Liu filled in, Jeff were already sitting up at the mention of getting released. " alright, whatever you say. " Jeff agreed, watching as Liu cautiously undid the cuffs, and as soon as the killer were released he placed a hand on the gun he had kept in the waistband of his pants, backing a step to let the killer stand up. He looked so ragged up in the dirty black t-shirt and jeans he dressed in, the brown tinted black hair hanging just past his shoulders in uneven, matted strands and the scars that dressed his sunken in cheeks looked so horrific, it was clear that he must've tried to open them up again once they started to heal because the scars seemed to drag in different directions here and there. Liu frowned, staring at his brother who stood up to stare back, and he wasn't smiling either. He looked tired, finished with it all, and he shifted his weight on his good leg with a sigh.
" I want to trust you, I really do, Jeffrey. But it's.. hard. "
Jeff just sneered at the comment and threw his hands in the air. " Why haven't you called the cops yet, huh? I'm the most wanted fucker in the country! Imagine what praise you'd receive. Or just shoot me on the spot, that works too. " Jeff muttered with a clearly aggressive tone in his voice. But he didn't seem to want to attack the older brother. Instead he turned his back to him to walk out the room, he was starving after all, leaving the silence behind. Liu was quick to follow however and led Jeff to the kitchen with a sigh. " it's nothing fancy, but I've never heard you complain about spaghetti and bacon when we grew up so- yeah.. " Liu watched nervously as Jeff sat down, burying his head his hands with a groan. Liu got two plates of food for them and sat them down, he was quick to pull his arm away, almost afraid to be close to Jeff as if he could rip his arm off with his bare hands, then he sat down across from him to eat as well, staring as Jeff started to carefully start to pick on his food, silence falling between the two.

When the two had finished their food Jeff seemed to had let his guard down quite a bit and was now staring emptily on his plate, Liu bit his lip, watching his brother. " I.. don't want to turn you in. " He suddenly said, breaking the silence that had haunted the room for a good fifteen minutes, Jeff looked up, looking suddenly so unsure. Nervously fiddling with his fingers as he met Liu's eyes with a frown. Liu cleared his throat. " Jeff.. Fuck.. fuck! " he suddenly hissed and got up, Jeff remaining quiet and still on his chair before he too sighed and let his arms drop from the table to his lap. " My brother is dead. I killed him. " Jeff suddenly muttered emptily, closing his eyes for a split second, looking up at Liu who walked up in front of him with a frown, his jade colored eyes never breaking contact with the tired frost that lingered in his brothers eyeballs.

" No. you missed my heart by inches. Sliced up my face pretty good though and I almost bled out from all the fucking stab wounds you caused. The neighbors called the police and they found me passed out by the stairs, I tried to crawl my way out. " he explained, jaw clenching together as he tried to remain calm, watching Jeff who stared emptily at him, no reaction at all. And it made him angry. Did his brother care at all? But suddenly Jeff hung his head, a frown on his lips as he hid his face in is hands for a few seconds then he stood up as well, looking at him, but this time it wasn't anger in his eyes. The harsh stare.. Softened.
Jeff just stared at his brother, his chest heaving up and down and his look so empty.

" I'm so.. fucking.. sorry. "

{ Cliff hanger my folks. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) anyways hello I'm back with another update. Missed me?? Lmfao anyways please vote and share this story! It would help me out a lot. :] till next time! }