Born in winter ( Part 4 )

Jeff laughed almost nervously, shaking his head. " You.. You're fucking joking, right? Put down the gun, Liu. "  Jeff whispered and walked closer to the taller man with what you could call confidence, despite the gun being pointed to him. " We both know you can't shoot me, because you're weak. " he hummed, seeing the fear in the green eyes. Liu seemed speechless, he just kept the gun pointed.

" Alright.. Do it! Shoot me, brother. " the killer spat, being close enough now to let his forehead rest against the gun, placing both his hands on top of the warmer but shaking ones holding it. " I wouldn't mind~ go on. " he purred, keeping his eye contact.
Liu eventually lost it, shoving the younger brothers hands off his own hands, hitting him in the side of the head with the side of the gun, causing Jeff to back a step with a huff of sudden pain.

" I'm sure you can do better than tha– " he was abruptly cut off.

" Shut up! Shut the ever loving fuck up!
Do you have any idea how many you've brought pain?! You let me down, Jeff. Do you really think that your damage can be repaired? You're crazy.. " Liu suddenly yelled at him, leaving the killer surprised for a moment, but soon he just laughed, shrugging.

" You really think I care? People change, brother. But this.. this has always been inside of me! " He snickered and bit his peeling lips. " Just took you some time to realize.. What a shame.. this wouldn't have happened if.. If someone just listened to me. " He wheezed, he had stopped laughing now. 

" So what are you gonna do now that you caught me? Call the cops and cry? Be just as rough around the edges as me and kill me? Surely you'd fail.. But are you really going to let this opportunity slip through your fingers? " Jeff just kept on taunting him, but was soon cut off as a bullet met his shoulder, making him tumble backwards in the snow, his eyes meeting the black sky with a look of shock on his face.

And so he stared for a moment before he slowly sat back up. " You're going to need more than that to take me out, brother mine.. " He mumbled, yet his body tensed in pain as he pressed a hand to the wound, the warm blood leaking onto his hand.

Liu on the other hand was trembling even worse now, still holding the gun but tears where pricking in the corners of his eyes. He had no idea what he was doing, but for some reason calling the cops just didn't feel right. So instead he fired another bullet, this time into the thigh of the killer making Jeff actually let out a little shriek of pain, the killer grabbing onto his leg this time, but this bled much worse.

" Stay still or I'll let you bleed out right here. " Liu murmured, a chill raising itself up the spine of the brown haired male.
Jeff just smiled, watching the blood pool in the snow.
Normally he would've ran once he had realized he wouldn't be able to take out his victims, but now he just sat there, staring, waiting for faith to come, whether it meant that his life were to be collected or not.

For some reason it felt okay, and he lost all thoughts and feelings, even forgetting about the cold that gnawed on his skin. He was losing blood fast. But he felt like he had frozen, unable to move. He clenched his eyes shut, hearing his brothers steps coming closer to him.

Normally he would've ran when he knew he would lose the fight, but this time it felt okay.
Perhaps he was ready to go, ready for it all to end.

Jeff felt a pair of arms wrap around him,  but after that everything went as dark as the night sky above them.

He didn't feel scared, nor lonely. But it definitely wasn't how he imagined it.