Chapter 6: Feelings & promises

Start from the beginning

❞Yes, you were.❞ She giggled, remembering the night.

❞When you're drunk you say things you don't mean, you know that right?❞

❞I'm familiar with knowing people speak the truth when they're drunk, but maybe you're right too.❞ She said and continued chopping the vegetables.

I exhaled, putting my glass down on the table. I stood up. She chopped the vegetables, her arm going up-and-down each chop, but I could only imagine her doing something else in that motion.

❞I remember asking you something, when you were about to leave the room,❞ I took slow steps, slowly approaching her. ❞Do you remember my question?❞

❞No.❞ She quipped.

❞I know you do.❞ I stood behind her. ❞But I don't remember you answering it.❞

❞I don't remember what you asked, I was tired, it was 4 a.m. damn it,❞ She said.

I came closer to her, her back turned against my front. My imagination about this position was crazy.
She shuddered as she felt my presence.

❞James, let me do some damn dinner.❞ She said, putting vinegar over the salad she made.

❞Do you?❞

❞What? Want to make dinner? Yes.❞ She said angrily, making me snickered lightly behind her,
she shuddered once again.

❞No. Do you love me?❞ I whispered in her ear, placing my hands on her waist.

She stood still. She didn't know what to say. And I knew the answer. She did. She loved me. But I wanted to hear it.

❞Tell me.❞ I whispered, she felt my breath on her neck.

She didn't make a sound, my hands trailed up, wanting to cup her breasts but she put down down immediately.

❞James, stop these childish games. Go and plan on decorations for the restaurant.❞

❞I don't want to do that, I want to do you. Let me touch you.❞ My hands trailed up and cupped her breasts roughly,
she gasped.

❞No!❞ She raised her voice and tried to turn around, but my hands gripped her hips tightly. This position made me crazy. ❞James, put your hands off me. I'm serious. I'm not in the mood for your games.❞ She said seriously.

Maybe she wasn't. She came home from work worried and stressed. But I was about to make her as crazy as I was.

❞Just tell me. Do you love me? Come on Catherine, it's an easy question. Yes or no.❞ One of my hands trailed down her stomach, going lower.

I could notice she held back a moan.

❞Come on kitten, answer me.❞ I whispered, my hand rubbing under her lower stomach.

She arched her back, biting her lip as the back of her head hit my shoulder. I kissed her neck, she shivered and held onto the counter. My other hand went to zip her skirt open, but she stopped me.