CHAPTER 1: The introduction

So yeah, thi is my first fanfic ever.

Tell me what you think of it, I would really apreciate it. And tell me if I have erros, I don't like errors. I am really happy with myself for putting this up. Tell everyone you can to read if you like ♥

-----

So yeah, I’m Niall Horan and I’m in love. I’m in love with a girl in a photo. A girl who knows nothing about me, doesn’t know I have her photo, or that I fell complete and utterly in love with her crooked smile. Makes me wish I had mine back. Her beautiful medium length, light brown hair, her hazel eyes behind those glasses. Oh how long I’ve stared at that photo since I found it 2 months ago on my way to get Liam from the gym. How I just looked at the floor and saw that box that said: “To you, whoever you are.” It just looked too intriguing not to pick it up. I just held it till I got Liam and ate and then went to the hotel. Sitting on the bed, I held it up; twisted and tilted it until curiosity got the better of me and I opened it. Inside there was a photo of a very beautiful young girl. I picked it up and examined the back, it was written, it said Raquel Ramirez Torres, I am 16 as of January 13 2011 and I’m from Puerto Rico. I looked inside the box and saw that there was a bracelet and a sheet of paper folded. Here is what it said:

Dear you,

I know we know nothing of each other, that we may never even meet but I just wanted to tell you about me, so you can compare your life to that of a complete stranger. As you saw in the picture I am 16 years old, and from Puerto Rico. That’s pretty far away, I might add. I came here as a birthday present with my mother. I had always wanted to come here as a child and I finally got to do it. I have lived all my life in the same house. I had bilingual schooling in elementary school. After that I went to a public school. I am a very nice girl, I think. And I love making new friends and being with people that care for my safety. I am not the most alert person on earth but I try. I had a very low self esteem when I was little but by the time I ended middle school, I felt great about myself. This is a hard year for me, because I am changing schools and I'll only know a handful of people in a very big school. But I am looking forward to it because last time it made me grow and become more secure of myself. I wanna see what’s in store for me now. Oh, I didn’t tell you. I have 2 brothers, younger than me. My parents are still together and I’m the only girl. By the way I am really short, and curvy. Just like any other Puerto Rican girl. This is all I have. I hope you can feel happy reading this. Even if it is just useless information. I hope you can see that we are not so different. And I hope that you hold on to this so you can show it to your grandkids or family.

                                                                                               Sincerely, Raquel Ramirez Torres

I have read and re-read this note countless times and every time, I get the same feeling: The feeling to look for this girl, no matter where she was; to get to know her better. To make her laugh, because she sounds like she has a wonderful laugh. I don’t even care if she’s 2 years younger than me. I honestly believe she is my one and only. “Niall, hurry the van is waiting,” Zayn yelled, waking me up from my thoughts. “I’m coming, just give me a minute,” I said taking one last look at the photo and putting it in the suitcase. We were going to sound check for our last concert of the tour. After that, I could do what I’ve been waiting for.

“Are you okay man?” Louis asked me minutes before starting to concert. “Yeah, I’m just anxious for tomorrow. It’s gonna be a heck of a summer.” Louis looked at me with knowing eyes and nodded. “TEN SECONDS!” yelled Paul, our bodyguard. 

Just 3 more hours and then I can fully concentrate. I hope I don’t mess up our last concert because my mind is out of it.

“That was massive!” exclaimed Liam after the concert was over. “You betcha," answered Harry. I wanna eat, I hope we can get something before going to sleep. “Hurry up I’m hungry guys.” “AT LAST OUR NIALL IS COMING BACK TO LIFE!” yelled Louis. I guess I can’t blame them. After finding that photo, I kinda just kept to myself. I started laughing less day by day, until I only ate when necessary. When was the last time I ACTUALLY wanted to eat? I don’t remember, all I could remember was wanting to find her. And I’m actually gonna do it. In less than 12 hours I’m going to hop off a plane in Puerto Rico to search for this Raquel girl, with my best friends. But only because they think Im'a commit suicide if I don’t find her. We have to have Paul come with us since we are doing a mini concert there. And that means his family is coming, too. I guess coming with a gang is better than nothing, right?