fifteen

selyse harrison

Jack and I had just finished dinner and were on the couch watching a movie of my choosing. He wasn't happy with the choice, but something about him being scared the entire time makes horror movies that much better.

"To qualify as watching the movie, your eyes need to be open," I smoothed down his dark eyebrows.

"Be happy I even agreed to this movie," he squeezed my body that rested on top of his. He's right. He's always allowed me to choose movies, knowing how much of a movie person I am.

I smiled when he pulled my lips down onto his. He was acting as a major distraction. "I like this movie."

"Will you hate me again if I say I'm hating it?" He whispered and forced me into laughter.

"I've never hated you," I responded. Jack is someone you could never hate. You can pretend to strongly dislike him, but deep rooted hatred feels impossible. He can be insufferable. He makes decisions without telling you why, but it's all coming from his heart and I've learned to trust him.

"I was sure you hated me at the start," he expressed, sounding somewhat hurt at the possibility that I did hate him. His heart seems shielded with steel, but his actions have shown that he feels more than he cares to admit. "I suppose I didn't give you many reasons to like me."

I didn't know how to respond. I didn't want to confirm nor deny his assumption. Our marriage did start off rocky, but he wasn't completely at fault.

"This is all just new to me. I went all my life convinced I would never marry because love isn't something I ever wanted. If I married, I thought it would be solely out of duty," he was opening up to me. I felt like I was finally seeing him and making sense of his actions.

"Do you still feel that way?" I continued to gently stroke his brows. I needed something to do with my hands because his green eyes were staring at me with hope I hadn't previously seen. 

"You've opened my eyes to the bright future we can have together."

I had to remind myself to breathe. My heart was racing and he's never made feel this way. He was thinking of our future together and that reality brought tears to my eyes. I hadn't known these were words I wanted and needed to hear from him.

Instead of waiting for my response, he put his mouth back on mine. He took control of my waist, slowly rocking my hips back and forth. His erection began to form and created pleasurable friction between my legs. His hand slid into my shorts before his fingers brushed between my legs. A small moan left my lips when he slid fingers into me.

"Horror movies make you wet?" I was wet, but it had nothing to do with the horror movie and everything to do with Jack who I can't seem to get enough of lately.

His phone rang and I immediately grew disappointed. "No, don't answer," I muttered into the kiss and he would've fulfilled my wishes. But when he used his free hand to decline, they chose to call again and I couldn't understand who was so eager to talk to him.

Jack removed his fingers from me and answered his phone. "Michael, can this wait?" Jack spoke out of breath. I continued to kiss his jaw, eagerly rolling my hips on him. "Now? Fuck. Okay." His body immediately tensed and it shook me. He sat up, bringing me up with him as he stood to his feet.

"What's wrong?" I asked only when he ended his phone call.

"Someone is coming over and they can't see you. Stay upstairs until they're gone," he carried me up the stairs then set me on my feet. If it wasn't for him mentioning the name Michael, I might've been worried about who he was hiding me from. I didn't argue with him and sat down at the top of the stairs where I knew his guest wouldn't see me.