eighteen

selyse harrison

I stood in front of the mirror, making sure I looked okay in my dress. It's been a while since I dressed up in a dress that isn't a sundress. This was a simple pink ruched dress. It finished at the middle of my thighs and smaller than I expected. But Gabby insisted it looked good.

After extensive research, I realized heels at the club wasn't a good idea. But it was my first clubbing experience so I wanted to at least look good. I looked at the door when Jack entered our bedroom. He was wearing a dark green blazer and dress pants with a black sweater underneath.

"Honest, unbiased thoughts?" I spun in a circle for him to give me his opinion.

"You look good," he said on his way over to me. For some reason that was a surprise to me. Jack can sometimes be unreasonable, but if he asked me to change I wouldn't have been upset about it. "I like people seeing what they can't have," he carefully brought my head into his hands. He leaned to kiss my lips while I leaned further into him. He picked me up, setting me on the bed to sit before he knelt down. My heels were by the bed and he rubbed my feet, placing kisses on the top of them. I smiled in shock because not only was Jack on his knees for me, he was kissing my feet.

"I wonder what your men would think of you if they knew you were-"

"Taking care of my wife?" He slid my heels on and tied the straps for me.

"Selyse," Gabby knocked on the door. Jack got onto his feet and pulled me with him. I opened the bedroom door, seeing Gabby was ready. She had woken up today in a much better state than she went to sleep in. Today she seemed positive and not as stressed. She had spoken to her family this morning and discussed her situation. Her mother planned on coming here within the next couple days so they could figure things out.

"Hey, ready?" I smiled as we left the bedroom. She wore this beautiful red sparkly dress. She nodded and we headed down the stairs to the elevator. Jack waited for it to open before giving me a hug.

"If someone bothers you, come find me, okay?" He gave me a peck then let me get into the elevator with Kent, Davies and Gabby. 

"Are you excited?" I cheered when we got into the car. On the back seat was a bottle of peach Ciroc. I opened it, taking a large gulp before sharing it with her. It was flavoured, so the taste wasn't terrible but was still going to get the job done.

"I'm trying to be. Usually when I club it's with Tyler," she took more gulps than I could count. Gabby has a fake and has been clubbing more times than I could count.

"Think about good stuff. Hot guys. Free drinks. Amazing music," I tried to name all the positives of today. She burst into laughter.

"Looking to replace Jack already?"

My cheeks went hot. "No. But I'm still going to enjoy the drinks and music." Replacing Jack is a thought that has long sailed. He makes me feel so good and happy and every minute away from him feels like torture. No one will ever make me feel as safe as he does.

The inside of the club was beautiful. It was two levels and had a glass grand staircase to go up. Velvet rope tied the upper section off and I assumed up there was strictly VIP. There were lounge seats, private sections, and a private bar for everyone who could afford to be up there. The dance floor on the main level was surrounded by lounge seats for those who booked tables. While the DJ was at the very front, two bars were on the left and right side of the club.

"Your husband owns this place?" Gabby asked in shock while I led us to the bar. I tried not to be shy about it, but it was hard because I didn't want to boast about things that aren't mine. All the nice things Jack has are things he worked hard for and I don't believe just because I'm married to him means they also belong to me. "Getting Tyler to pay for our dinner was a challenge," she muttered.