eleven

selyse harrison

Jack never makes me nervous but today just the thought of him brought butterflies to my stomach. He was at work now and informed me he would be home later than usual. I thought that meant maybe an hour. But it was almost midnight and what little trust we have was deteriorating. What could he possibly be doing this late?

What if he was with Lauren? I've been making him wait. Am I really naive enough to believe he would be satisfied with giving me head and receiving mediocre handjobs in return?

I didn't want my thoughts to remain with the idea of him cheating on me, but they were. He's done it before, maybe he could do it again.

Getting out of bed, I walked down the stairs and saw both Kent and Davies in the main living room because they're normally always here until Jack gets home.

"Where is he?" I questioned and wondered if they would be honest. As much as they spend all their time with me, they work for Jack.

"Working."

"Where?" I asked and they looked at each other like they were thinking of a lie. My hand went to my forehead. I shouldn't panic and I shouldn't do anything irrational. "Take me to him," I went into the coat closet to grab a hoodie and slide my shoes on.

They weren't happy with the idea, but they had no choice. Jack made it clear this home isn't my prison. So, they're instructed to escort me anywhere I need to go.

I'm not familiar with the city so I couldn't really tell where we were driving. But I was convinced I might barf. If I had to walk into another scene anything like what I saw with Lauren and Jack last time, I would explode. I would ruin his world just as he's ruined mine and sadly I wouldn't enjoy doing it.

I shut my eyes and took deep breaths, trying to recall some of our good memories. Jack hasn't shown any sign of infidelity. He said after everything with Lauren, we would restart. He said things would be fresh and our marriage would not just be on paper. But as he pointed out during our argument that day, our marriage hadn't been consummated and maybe that's something he thinks about.

The car stopped and I opened my eyes to see us outside of a nightclub. While I'm in our bed waiting for him, he's here partying? With anger, I got out of the car and entered the club. When security tried to stop me, Kent spoke words I was too infuriated to listen to.

I've never been to a club, so I didn't know what to expect. But I was let in and immediately realized how underdressed I am. I was out of place not only because of my attire, but because I truly didn't know what I was doing here. Was I coming here to catch Jack in the act or was I trying to see if he was okay?

There were no lights in the club and it was hard to make out faces, even with the minimal neon lights. But I recognized one as being Lauren's. She wore a sparkly red dress that went well with her eyes. For some reason I had a feeling that she wasn't just here to party. She went down a hall at the back of the club. I followed after her, wishing I could be discreet. But these two six foot men were ruining it. If she knew I was following, she didn't acknowledge it.

She went down a flight of stairs then disappeared behind these tall, velvet curtains. The guys must've known I wanted to eavesdrop because they started to fall more behind. A telling that Jack must've been down here. But then I heard his voice.

"This isn't fair," a man pleaded and received a laugh that I knew too well. It's the same mocking laugh Jack used to give me when I first arrived.

I stepped closer, pulling the curtain the tiniest bit so I could see what was happening. It was a large room which must've been used for private parties. But the party was put on hold for the scene Jack was making. He wasn't alone but instead with three other men who had guns in their hands.