Chapter Sixteen.

I sat beside Jake's bed and sobbed gently enough not to wake him. I had come so close to losing the closest thing to a Dad I had left. I had already lost my Aunt, my Mom, my real Dad, everyone I once loved.

**Flashback**

"Amu, you must find your sister, she is unlike you, but can protect you!" My Father said a third time, I was crying.

"I will Daddy. I promise I will!"

"I lo-lo-" He fell to the ground and didn't move, his breathing stopped. I let the tears flood as I got up and ran, ran as fast as I could to my house where my Mother stood in the kitchen. 

"Mommy!" I screamed and ran into her soaking her apron with tears.

**Present**

"Amu?" Jake whispered. 

I grabbed his hand and said, "I'm here, Jake. I'm here." He smiled and opened his eyes to look at me.

"Your so beautiful honey. Never lose your glow." He said, his voice was hoarse. He tried clearing his throat as I laid my head down on his bedside. "Its my time Amu. I told you when you were little, I would no longer be able to protect you without Lily."

"Jake, no. You can't leave me. Not yet. I need you." I whispered. I lifted my head just a little, tears started to form behind them as the thought of Jake leaving me too. "You just can't." 

"I have to, Nightmare." He smiled, "Its just for a little while. We will see one another, in paradise."

I smiled back at him, paradise. Where wolves can run free and do whatever, nothing can interfere, no Menic, no nothing. "You promise?" 

"I promise, Nightmare." With that he leaned over and kissed my forehead. "Goodbye sweetheart. Be strong, I love you as my own daughter." 

The tears fell and I hugged him. "Goodbye, Jake. I love you as my Father." I smiled as I got up, "I'll miss you so much." With that I walked towards the door.

"I'll miss you too, Nightmare Amu Marie." His voice faded along with his life. His breathing stopped and the tears were streaming down my face as I walked out of his room shutting the door behind me.

"Amu, are you alright?" Milo asked as I sat down on the couch.

I turned and looked at him, "Can you get me some ice cream, please?" He nodded and got up. I laid there thinking of my Uncle Jake. He was my Father, and I loved him.

"Here you go." Milo handed me a bowl of dark chocolate ice cream.

I smiled and took it. "Thank you." I said with a mouthful of ice cream. 

"You know, its funny how you and Conner were mated." He said looking at me. I froze and sighed.

"How?" I asked not sure if I would like the answer.

"Well, he knew your true mate is Landon, and two alphas don't get along all to well." He stated matter of factly.

"Landon? Oh... Nevermind." It got silent between us. I never really talked to Milo. "Anyway, um how was I mated to Conner in the first place if my true mate is Landon?" 

"Every alpha needs a beta, but Conner fell in love and didn't accept a part of him was going to be torn apart." He looked at me side ways. My expression was probably hurt and not very pretty. "Are... Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm fine." I got up and walked slowly into the kitchen. Opening to fridge I felt something inside me shift to anger, for a split second, then it was gone. It wasn't my anger, or Landon's.