Chapter Two.

"Amu! Get up!" My Aunt was shaking me, I groaned and sat up.

"What do you want at..." I opened one eye and glanced at my alarm clock. It was four in the mourning. "Jesus 4am what could you need." I said rubbing my eyes and yawning. 

"We have to go to the cabin up north. I already packed you some clothes yesterday, but grab anything you like. We will be leaving in ten so quickly."

I went into my room and the dresser and closet were bare. Same as all my shoes. So much for packing some things I guess.

I walked downstairs holding my bag of my drawing materials half awake going to the coffee pot. "I already poured you a cup, its in your thermos on the counter." MY Aunt was acting very odd, she was normally up early but never this much of a go getter.

I curled into a ball once inside my car while Jake was driving... He never liked the word Uncle. He said it made him feel old.

"You awake?" He asked still looking at the road I could see my Aunt's SUV was in front of us.

"Yeah... Hey uh. Jake? Why are we going to the cabin right now?" I mean why didn't we just wait till morning if we were going to go." I yawned wiping the sleep from my eyes.

"I can't answer, not yet anyway. You have much to learn about your parents and yourself before me or you Aunt can tell you anything."

I leaned back and pondered this for a second. He made no sense. I could see we were getting close to the cabin. I sipped my lukewarm coffee and sighed. They always talked in riddles.

I felt the car stop, I lifted my head up and I could faintly see the cabin. I was still pretty tired but got out of the car and stretched my limbs anyway. 

Jake had been more of a Father to me growing up, but my Aunt was never more of a Mom then my own. I loved my Mother to no extent, she had always been there for me, always including me in anything she did, always trying to  bond with me... Up until she died. 

My Father was always gone, and when he was home he never even looked at me. I was so much like him, he was stubborn, annoying at times, and definitely hard headed. Yeah I was definitely his kid. When he looked at me though, I only felt regret and that I was a mistake. 

A sharp pain came from the back of my head as I screamed in pain.

**Flashback**

"Daddy? Mommy said to ask you if I could go to Angel's?"

"Nightmare... You know that I don't like you going out at night." He starred straight ahead drying a cup.

"I won't get hurt! We want to play with Polly Pockets! Please Daddy?" 

"No Nightmare. That's final." He set down the cup and looked down into the sink.

"You never let me do anything! Its not fair!" 

This was back when I had just turned six. I was only in kindergarten but I hated not being able to do anything like the other children. But as I got older I got more used to the fact that being alone was better for me.

"I'm not going to argue this!" He looked at me and and pointed upstairs. I could see he was mad... Behind his eyes there was sadness.

I turned around with tears in my eyes and ran to my room. 

**Present**

"Amu! Are you okay?!" My Aunt was by my side and Jake was also. "I'm fine. Just felt a little pain in my head. One of those one headache type things." She sighed relieved. "That's okay. I'll go get some Motrin for you to take." 

"Thanks." I smiled to reassure her I was okay. A few moments later she came back into my room with Motrin. "Thank you." I said as I took the four pills and gulped down some water. I laid back and looked around my room. 

"I was really into Jesse McCartney when I was little wasn't I?" I asked as I saw at least thirteen posters and Cd's on the desk. I haven't been here in at least seven years. They came all the time. I hadn't wanted to after my parents died. "Yeah, you sure were." She laughed and looked around too at al the posters.

We sat in silence for a few moments. She got up and turned to me. "Well I'm going to start breakfast." She walked out, and waved to me. 

I got up, walked over to my bags and started unpacking. By how she packed everything I knew we would be here for a few weeks or so. After I got all my clothes and stuff put in the bathroom I walked into the kitchen and sat at the table waiting for my fried eggs and orange juice. I was still a little sleepy but I would be fine after I ate. 

I wanted to go outside and draw something... But I had way to many pictures of trees and just random nature. I needed something new, and different.

I sat there and looked out the window while eating. "Hey uh... Jake?" He stopped chewing and swallowed. "Yes?" 

"How long are we staying up here?" I didn't want to be stuck up here with no snow or anything to do.

Another sharp pain made my grasp my head and scream in pain. I dropped to my knees.

**Flashback**

"Mommy, where are we going?" I said with a smile on my face as she held my hand and was swirving between trees. 

"Its a surprise buttercup." She started calling me buttercup around age three because I loved them so much.

I let her lead me to a bush. "This is where you can be free." She whispered to me. After she did she moved the bush out of the way to reveal a small path. I walked through and followed it. After two minutes I came to a clearing. It was magnificent! There was a small river that flowed and there were beautiful colors of flowers! I was mesmerized. 

"Do you like it?" "I love it Mommy!" I ran up to her and gave her a hug. We stayed here all day until the night came, the moon over the river was breathtaking.

**Present**

Mom was so happy and full of smiles and laughter... I missed her so much... I got up and started running again. I wanted to make it there, everything should be in full bloom right now with the sun in the sky.

"I'm fine." I got up to the door, pulled my jacket on and started running. When I got there I stopped dead in my tracks. The beautiful field I once knew was not there anymore. The river was still as clean as ever its beauty was still there... But a cabin stood in place of the flowers. A newer cabin, it was clean and you could smell the newer wood.

I fell to my knees and felt hot tears streaming down my face.