VI

You walk back from the woods with David and Nerris, the girl making a reference to her games every now and then.  Your mood must have rubbed off on the weather, since dark rainclouds start to form above you. "It's gonna rain, huh?" you mumble and David nods. "Well, seems like we need to find some camp activities for inside" he grins and like so many other times puts his hands on his hips. Chuckling a little, you arrive at the mess hall. Nerris already opens the door and goes in, which leaves you and David standing in front of the hall alone. You listen closely and hear the voices of each camper inside. So you really are alone. 
"Listen" you begin, fidgeting a little out of nervousness "About earlier-"
"Don't worry about it, (Y/N), I know the kids can sometimes be a little overwhelming." David tries to cheer you up, but you shake your head. "No, no, that's not what I mean" you correct him and blush at the thought of what you are going to bring up. "I mean- about last night?" Your voice kind of dies mid-sentence. Scanning for any kind of reaction in his face, you let out a nervous hum and eventually bury your face in your hands. "(Y/N), I'm sorry about that" he mumbles and you look up to him. That is not the response you have hoped for. "Uh-" you stutter "s-sorry about... specifically what?" Expecting the worst, your heart races. You should not have asked that. You know it's not as much of a big deal to him as it is to you. 
"I really didn't want to my force myself onto you, (Y/N)" he explains and you raise one eyebrow. "You didn't want to what now?" 
"I mean- you were tired and probably didn't even really want me to-"
"No, no!" you wave your hands and blush like crazy, but you notice David blushing just as much. "I totally meant that, I really wanted to-" Both of you don't seem to dare saying it. To cuddle. You wanted to cuddle. "Look, David, uh" you scratch the back of your head "I don't want you to think you did anything wrong, I really enjoyed cudd-" Again, you can't say the word, it's just too embarrassing and even beginning to pronounce it makes your stomach fill up with butterflies. "I really enjoyed your company." David shows you the sweetest, seemingly even happiest smile, which makes you turn away. Any more of that and your heart is going to explode. The realization that this is still only the second day of this work and, more importantly, the second day of knowing David kicks in. Did you just basically confess? Did he pick up on that? 

"Let's go inside and deal with the campers" he suggests and kicks you out of your thoughts. You nod, smile at him and open the door to the mess hall, where the first thing all the kids do is to just stare at you for a solid ten seconds. All that talking with David has made you forget what a fool you've made of yourself today. The stare ends with the bang of thunder from the sky. You flinch a little. Luckily, the loud sound has distracted the kids from looking at you and they continue to do their thing. David taps you on the shoulder and motions for you to sit down at one of the dining tables with him. Of course you follow him. Once you've sat down you lean your chin on the palm of your hand. Is David going to follow up on the topic from behind the door? 
"Do you like rain?" he asks and you raise an eyebrow once again. What a random question. You notice he's staring out the window instead of facing you. Confused, you answer. "Very much, in fact." He lets out one of his hums, which almost sounds like a sigh. "I had so much planned for today" he frowns and you lay one hand on his shoulder. "Well, it's not like we can't have fun in here!" you explain and he nods. "By the way, weren't you enthusiastic about that just a few minutes ago?" He turns his head around to you with a look on his face as if he's just been caught doing something bad. "Well, I didn't want you to worry" he mumbles.
You realise this must be what he does all the time. This happy-go-lucky attitude. He must have serious worries and tries to hide it so no one has to bear them. "David, it's okay, you can be honest with me" you say without thinking about it. His eyes seem to light up and he smiles sweetly. "Thank you, (Y/N). You're a really nice person."
"Oh, you" you grin and stand up. "Let's do something! The campers seem bored, too!" 

Five minutes later there's still no idea that's good enough to entertain the campers. Let's face it, there's not that much you can do when you're at a camp during a thunderstorm. You and David have decided to look in the attic for anything useful. You cough because of the dust and cover your mouth with the back of your hand. "See anything?" you croak. David shakes his head. "Just some old records for the old gramophone downstairs."
"That's perfect! Why not do some sort of dance camp today?" you grin excitedly. 
"Uh, I mean" David looks at the packaging of the records "They're really old, do you think the kids will like it? I mean, I'd love to, but-"
"Let's just do it" you chuckle and take a bunch of disks out of his hand. "You should have some fun, too, David!" 
And he's going to have it. You'll make sure he has.

------------------------------

A/N: 
SO, next chapter is basically going to be me fangirling about oldies because I'm that kind of person, I'm sorry
But also look forward to some slow dance fluff oh boy
Sorry this chapter is so short and a day late

Have a fanart of David I drew yesterday as an apology ;; 
love you guys o 3 o

A/N: SO, next chapter is basically going to be me fangirling about oldies because I'm that kind of person, I'm sorryBut also look forward to some slow dance fluff oh boySorry this chapter is so short and a day lateHave a fanart of David I drew yes...

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.